Author Topic: Clint Eastwood to Film New Movie in Georgia Despite Hollywood Boycott Over 'Heartbeat Bill'  (Read 1009 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Clint Eastwood to Film New Movie in Georgia Despite Hollywood Boycott Over 'Heartbeat Bill'

By Michael W. Chapman   ||   June 25, 2019 | 2:32 PM EDT

Despite the boycott of filming in Georgia launched by Hollywood liberals angry over the state's new pro-life "Heartbeat" law, legendary actor/director Clint Eastwood will be making his latest movie, "The Battle of Richard Jewell," in Atlanta this summer, reported NBC Charlotte and other media.
"Clint Eastwood will perform new film in Georgia despite abortion bill boycott," tweeted NBC Charlotte on June 25. The movie is about Richard Jewell, a police officer and security guard who discovered a bomb at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Ga., and saved countless lives. Jewell was initially hailed as a hero and then was viewed as a suspect.

snip

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/clint-eastwood-film-new-movie-georgia-despite-hollywood-boycott-over
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

I love this guy. Not too many like Clint around anymore.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You figure, the guy's going to be 90 years old when they finish this film. Not a lot of people even make it that far, much less still have the desire and ability to keep working.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

I love Clint mainly because he doesn't give a karp.  I can just imagine the Hollywood malcontents having a meltdown over this.  And Clint won't care one whit. 

I don't go to theaters to see new movies these days, but I will make an exception for this one when it comes out.  Perhaps it will make a pile of money just because the idiots unhappy with Clint for breaking the boycott will be screaming bloody murder. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There is an advantage to being old and a conservative star in freakywood.  You can tell people to piss-off.  People have always wanted to work with Clint.  He puts out a good product and people buy it when they go to the Box office.  Young actor know they are one movie away from waiting tables or guest staring on the VIEW.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

He's probably the last.  Conservatives teh like of Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne,  Clint Eastwood are a dying breed.  And Hollywood will obviously vet any newcomers to make sure none show up in the future later.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

You figure, the guy's going to be 90 years old when they finish this film. Not a lot of people even make it that far, much less still have the desire and ability to keep working.

From what I've read, Eastwood is health conscious.  Doesn't smoke.  Never heard of him doing drugs, cracking up his car or all of the other stuff a lot of celebrities do (which makes them dead before age 40).   And maybe producing and directing  films keeps his body and mind in top condition too.  He's not sitting in a recliner watching tv and eating Pringles 24/7.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
  He's not sitting in a recliner watching tv and eating Pringles 24/7.

Or sitting in a beanbag chair, naked, eating Cheetos watching a telethon.....

Offline goatprairie

Or sitting in a beanbag chair, naked, eating Cheetos watching a telethon.....
You wrote that like there's something wrong with doing that. Except I don't have a beanbag chair.

Online Wingnut

You wrote that like there's something wrong with doing that. Except I don't have a beanbag chair.

Oh no...not bad at all...well unless you send a thousand dollars to some nefarious org..... wink777