Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez Wants Debt Canceled Because ‘I Have Student Loans Too’  (Read 440 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
HANNAH BLEAU 24 Jun 2019
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is on board with Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) proposal to erase all student loan debt, because she has not paid off her student loans either, she said Monday.

While making remarks in support of Sanders’ sweeping bill to cancel $1.6 trillion in student loan debt, Ocasio-Cortez discussed her “personal stake” in the fight. She wants to make the bill a reality, in part, because she has outstanding student loans.

“I will be completely honest. I will disclose my personal stake in this fight because I have student loans too,” she said Monday. “And I think it’s so funny. A year ago, I was waiting tables in a restaurant.”

“It was literally easier for me to become the youngest woman in American history elected to Congress than it is to pay off my student loan debt,” she continued.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/24/ocasio-cortez-wants-debt-canceled-because-i-have-student-loans-too/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
“And I think it’s so funny. A year ago, I was waiting tables in a restaurant.”

"Funny" isn't the word that most folks would use there....

:thud:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, an unpersued college major that prepared you for a career in bartending might have been your 1st mistake Sandy-O. You Meathead from the bronx.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Funny" isn't the word that most folks would use there....

:thud:

But she is a "strong" woman. 

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Reminds me of that grating radio spot for term insurance:

"Big Lou knows, because he is on meds too!"

Offline Wingnut

Fred G. Sanford:
You know what the Puerto Rican national anthem is? "We'll take Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island, too..."

Offline Wingnut

"Tell AOC in Puerto Rican--"Goat-o, get out of el house of Reps-o!!"

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's nice to see Hannah got a promotion to Breitbart.  It seems to have improved her skills, she, like totes wrote like a valley girl at Chicks on the Right. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

Reminds me of that grating radio spot for term insurance:

"Big Lou knows, because he is on meds too!"

Where is Cal Worthington when you need a laugh

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where is Cal Worthington when you need a laugh

I've never seen a Cal Worthington commercial, but when Mrs. Liberty first moved here she had a car she bought from him.  I saved the license frame.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The bartender is a shallow self-interested ignoramus.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

I've never seen a Cal Worthington commercial, but when Mrs. Liberty first moved here she had a car she bought from him.  I saved the license frame.

The guy knew shit from shinola