Author Topic: Texas Republican: Democrats overly optimistic about turning Lone Star State blue  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Republican: Democrats overly optimistic about turning Lone Star State blue
by Naomi Lim
 | June 25, 2019 03:11 PM

While Beto O'Rourke's close-loss 2018 Senate bid put the Texas GOP on notice, one Republican lawmaker downplayed the now-Democratic presidential candidate's claim he's "unlocked" the Lone Star State for his party ahead of 2020.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, a former chief of staff for Sen. Ted Cruz, who beat then-Rep. O'Rourke 51-48%, said his state hasn't turned blue and isn't on the cusp of doing so.

"I think that the Democrat view on Texas right now is a bit of irrational exuberance that is built on the back of the $80 million that was blown through Beto directly at Ted," Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, told the Washington Examiner.

Roy, a freshman lawmaker who served as Cruz's chief of staff after his 2012 election, then worked for the Texas Republican senator's PAC during his 2016 presidential campaign. Roy said the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee targeting the district he represents, Texas' 21st, covering the area north of San Antonio and parts of Austin.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/texas-republican-democrats-overly-optimistic-about-turning-lone-star-state-blue
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Irish Bob O'Rourke Has Brown Eyes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
We need a state electoral college. Then turning blue couldn't happen.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
We need a state electoral college. Then turning blue couldn't happen.

I just emailed the governor's office with this suggestion. Maybe we should all email our representatives in Austin and relay this helpful idea.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I just emailed the governor's office with this suggestion. Maybe we should all email our representatives in Austin and relay this helpful idea.

Kinda late too get into a Special Session this year.

Not too late though to get into the 2021 Legislative Session.