Author Topic: Democratic leader concedes on Oregon climate bill after Republican walkout  (Read 422 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
he Democratic leader of Oregon's state Senate on Tuesday said that a sweeping climate bill did not have votes needed to pass after Republican Senators walked out to avoid the vote.

"What I'm about to say I say of my own free will. No one has told me to say this," Senate President Peter Courtney (D) said Tuesday.

"HB 2020 does not have the votes on the Senate floor. That will not change."

Sen. President Peter Courtney to Republicans: We do not have the votes for the cap-and-trade bill. #orleg #orpol pic.twitter.com/o32P9qW5nY

— Lauren Dake (@LaurenDake) June 25, 2019
GOP state Senators walked out five days ago to protest the cap-and-trade bill.

Despite Democrats in Oregon controlling both state chambers and the governor's office, Republican had the numbers to deny quorum needed for the legislation to be approved.

Courtney on Tuesday pleaded to Republicans to return to the Senate, noting budget bills that have not been approved.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/450268-democratic-leader-concedes-on-oregon-climate-bill-after-republican
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"What I'm about to say I say of my own free will. No one has told me to say this," Senate President Peter Courtney (D) said Tuesday.

Fishrrman's assertion:
This is A LIE.
It's being made by the democrat-communists to "fake out" the Republicans into returning.
...After which, the democrat-communists will claim "quorum" and promptly pass the bill.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Fishrrman's assertion:
This is A LIE.
It's being made by the democrat-communists to "fake out" the Republicans into returning.
...After which, the democrat-communists will claim "quorum" and promptly pass the bill.

Normally I would post the Star Wars meme '"it's a Trap"  But I have grown tied of the bullshit.   

But it is a TRAP.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
John Belushi to Dan Aykroyd in "Neighbors":  "It's a trick!!!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

John Belushi to Dan Aykroyd in "Neighbors":  "It's a trick!!!"

What a perfect example why you are so out of touch!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a perfect example why you are so out of touch!

:laugh:

I have a video game console loaded with 400 80's games.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

:laugh:

I have a video game console loaded with 400 80's games.

**nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
**nononono*

Admit it.  You can't resist a game of Zaxxon....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

Admit it.  You can't resist a game of Zaxxon....

You need an 80's intervention!    :cool:   lol!