Author Topic: Pompeo says US prepared to remove troops from Afghanistan  (Read 347 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pompeo says US prepared to remove troops from Afghanistan
« on: June 25, 2019, 07:03:35 pm »
Washington (CNN) — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US is prepared to remove US forces from Afghanistan, but has not agreed on a timeline.

"We've made clear to the Taliban that we're prepared to remove our forces. I want to be clear, we've not yet agreed on a timeline to do so," Pompeo said Tuesday during an unannounced stop in Afghanistan. The presence of troops in Afghanistan is "conditions-based," the top US diplomat said.

Pompeo made the remarks to traveling press in Kabul on Tuesday before traveling on to New Delhi, India.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/25/politics/pompeo-afghanistan-troops/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pompeo says US prepared to remove troops from Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:54:55 am »
Then I suggest you get their butts a-movin' out of that hellhole, Mr. Pompeo.
"Move out, G.I. !"

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:41 pm »
Then I suggest you get their butts a-movin' out of that hellhole, Mr. Pompeo.
"Move out, G.I. !"

Actually, I'm for bringing all U.S. troops back home and then completely seal off our southern and northern borders for quite awhile.  We don't need to be involved in anyone else's business either militarily or financially.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:04:32 pm »
As Larry the Cable Guy would say...