Author Topic: Gavin Newsom predicts the GOP will devolve into a third party: 'They are finished'  (Read 274 times)

Offline libertybele

Gavin Newsom predicts the GOP will devolve into a third party: 'They are finished'

Gov. Gavin Newsom D-Calif., said the GOP has shot itself in the foot on policy issues and will eventually devolve into a third party.

The Californian Democrat made the stunning claim during an interview with Axios that aired Sunday.

"I'm just hearing stuff that gins up a smaller and smaller base of people. And that's my point... California in the 1990s is a lot like America in 2019, 2020, 2021. And here's the real story -- The Republican party was walked off a cliff," Newsom said.

"They're third-party status. It's exactly what Donald Trump is doing and Mitch McConnell, who is completely complicit, is doing [to] the Republican party nationally. And they don't even know what's about to hit them."..........

.........."And until you have some courageous Republicans that stand up and actually make an argument for conservatism... they are finished. They have no governing philosophy, they have no value system that's interesting except fear of others. And those others are going to be a majority. So wake up.".............

............"I mean they're getting a completely raw deal. They've been sold a complete bill of bulls--t. Excuse my language and forgive me... it's just a yarn of crap."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gavin-newsom-gop-third-party-within-15-years
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Except that to win the House they had to run candidates as moderates and do a whole lot of 'ballot harvesting' in Cali.

What are they going to do now that half their caucus is going off the Stalinist deep end, loud and proud?
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Except that to win the House they had to run candidates as moderates and do a whole lot of 'ballot harvesting' in Cali.
I
What are they going to do now that half their caucus is going off the Stalinist deep end, loud and proud?

Simple Gavin will be the last to know.