Author Topic: Mexico deploys 15,000 troops to US border  (Read 551 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Mexico deploys 15,000 troops to US border
« on: June 25, 2019, 12:02:43 am »
Mexico’s defense minister said Monday that the nation has deployed nearly 15,000 troops to its northern border to increase border enforcement, part of a deal to avert U.S. tariffs on Mexican goods, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).
"We have a total deployment, between the National Guard and army units, of 14,000, almost 15,000 men in the north of the country," Defense Minister Luis Cresencio Sandoval said at a Monday joint press conference with President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

https://thehill.com/latino/450093-mexico-deploys-15000-troops-to-us-border-mexican-army-chief

How about that?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Mexico deploys 15,000 troops to US border
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 12:29:16 am »
Amazing, nice find.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 02:11:43 am »
Mexico’s defense minister said Monday that the nation has deployed nearly 15,000 troops to its northern border to increase border enforcement, part of a deal to avert U.S. tariffs on Mexican goods, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).
"We have a total deployment, between the National Guard and army units, of 14,000, almost 15,000 men in the north of the country," Defense Minister Luis Cresencio Sandoval said at a Monday joint press conference with President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

https://thehill.com/latino/450093-mexico-deploys-15000-troops-to-us-border-mexican-army-chief

How about that?

Praying that it is true and that they are successful.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 04:34:30 am »
How many are in the cartels' pockets?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 05:11:15 am »
I know my President is a compulsive liar, but we can trust the Mexicans to tell us the truth. /sarc

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:29:06 am »
Just another mouth to feed. Just another person you have to pay or sex to get across.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 02:40:49 pm »
Praying that it is true and that they are successful.   888high58888

@libertybele
So do I!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 02:43:00 pm »
How many are in the cartels' pockets?

:shrug:

It's better than nothing. Mexico's problems won't be instantly solved.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 03:00:56 pm »
@libertybele
So do I!

Not so sure of the validity of this article; last I had read, Mexico was establishing or reforming their National Guard.  15,000 is a lot of people to come up with in just a short time.  I also was under the understanding that the U.S. would be assisting along Mexico's southern border which is where ILLEGALS are first coming through.  It is a much smaller area and makes much more sense.

Waiting to see what happens.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 01:00:32 pm »
15,000 Mexicanios on the border each with Full Metal Jacket.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 02:19:18 pm »
15,000 Mexicanios on the border each with Full Metal Jacket.

:)

That will never happen.  Best thing to do, would be to line up their ARMED military along the southern border, so no one gets in.  Secondly, the U.S. needs to mandate that Mexico declares themselves a safe haven so that the U.S. doesn't have to grant asylum.  I don't see that happening either.