Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren promises reparations for gay couples  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elizabeth Warren promises reparations for gay couples
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »
Elizabeth Warren promises reparations for gay couples
by Ellie Bufkin
 | June 23, 2019 08:50 PM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., reintroduced a bill on the campaign trail this week, which could mean $57 million in tax refunds for married LGBT couples.

The Refund Equality Act, which was originally introduced in 2017, would allow LGBT couples who were married prior to the 2013 Supreme Court strike-down of the Defense of Marriage Act in U.S. v. Windsor to amend tax returns from the time that they were married. Prior to 2013, 10 states had legalized same-sex marriage, but were required to file their federal taxes as individuals.

Following the 2013 Supreme Court's decision, married same sex couples from those 10 states were permitted to change their previous tax returns from individual to joint, which entitled them to some federal tax relief. However, the tax return amendments were only permitted for the previous three years. The Refund Equality Act would remove those time limits.

According to a report released this week from the Joint Committee on Taxation, same sex couples married prior to 2013 could potentially be eligible for $57 million if permitted to file jointly from the time they were married.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/elizabeth-warren-promises-reparations-for-gay-couples
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Elizabeth Warren promises reparations for gay couples
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »
Rat's say they are progressive.  Why are they always looking and living in the past.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:09:50 pm »
Free Medicare
Free Housing
Free Tuition
Reparations to Black people
Now reparations to Gays
Who says Democrats buy elections for themselves using OUR money? That's nonsense...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »
Free Medicare
Free Housing
Free Tuition
Reparations to Black people
Now reparations to Gays
Who says Democrats buy elections for themselves using OUR money? That's nonsense...

They absolutely do buy votes with our money.  I posted on a Seattle law that gives citizens vouchers to contribute to politicians.  One of the benefactors of that was Seattle city council who have created Freeattle.  Seattle is dying because of freebies and the gay agenda.  If it isn't blue tarps its gay crosswalks.

This is ridiculous reparations for the sex you decide to have?  Dear God what have we become in this once great nation?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.