Author Topic: Oakland mayor fires back at Trump: ‘It’s my duty to protect my residents’  (Read 401 times)

rangerrebew

Oakland mayor fires back at Trump: ‘It’s my duty to protect my residents’

By Josh Delk - 05/19/18 09:25 AM EDT

The mayor of Oakland, Calif., on Friday defended her intervention in immigration-related arrests that President Trump has called an obstruction of justice.

In a weekend op-ed for The Washington Post, Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) claimed she was upholding her "duty" to her residents by warning illegal immigrants in the city of an incoming federal immigration raid in February.

"As mayor, it’s my duty to protect my residents — especially when our most vulnerable are unjustly attacked. As a leader, it’s my duty to call out this administration’s anti-immigrant fearmongering for what it is: a racist lie," Schaaf wrote, also denying the "obstruction of justice" allegation.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-to-protect-my

rangerrebew

Does she protect whites, Asians, and blacks the way she wants to protect Hispanics?  My daughter lives in Berkeley and I can tell you the answer is a resounding now. :tongue2:

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Residents" my ass.   You misspelled 'Citizens', Mrs. Mayor.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

My son lives in Oakland and this mayor is full of shit.

In the past year his car has been broken into twice and he's had just about everything he couldn't bring into his apartment at night stolen.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:11:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.