Author Topic: Royce West meets with Chuck Schumer as he nears decision on campaign against John Cornyn  (Read 419 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Tribune by Patrick Svitek June 21, 2019

State Sen. Royce West, D-Dallas, met this week with the top Democrat in the U.S. Senate as he mulls a challenge to U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.

West has been viewed as a potential candidate for months but has not said much publicly about his deliberations over whether to challenge U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. If West enters the U.S. Senate race, he would have to contend with a Democratic field that already includes MJ Hegar, the former U.S. House candidate. Schumer met with Hegar in March.

At least two other Democrats are also still weighing a run: Houston City Councilwoman Amanda Edwards and Chris Bell, the former Houston congressman and 2006 gubernatorial nominee.

More: https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/21/will-royce-west-challenge-john-cornyn-he-just-met-chuck-schumer/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The only way I know of that Texas could get a worse senator than Cornyn this time around is if they elected Royce West! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Taking advice from a New Yorker will ensure the election of a Republican to the Senate in the state of Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington