Author Topic: A third of women only date men because of the free food: study  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There is a rule.  Along standing rule.  "Gas, Grass, or Ass. No bitch eats for free."

The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant.

A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren’t interested in — just for a free meal.

“Foodie calls,” can happen when money’s tight, the grocery store is out of a favorite frozen meal, or a must-try entree is just too extravagant to justify — when the tab comes out of your own bank account.

Two studies, the first conducted with 820 women, and the second with 327, asked participants if they ever engaged in a plate for play: 23% of the women copped to it in the first study, 33% in the second.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/a-third-of-women-only-date-men-because-of-the-free-food-study/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: A third of women only date men because of the free food: study
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:30:40 am »
Thanks goodness for hungry women... found one and talked her into marrying me... we both have plumped up a bit since then. Money well spent...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 04:40:17 am »
There is a rule.  Along standing rule.  "Gas, Grass, or Ass. No bitch eats for free."

I've been out the "dating" thing for almost 40 years, but I don't remember any woman throwing "dining details" as a contingency on whether they went out or not.  Maybe things have changed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 02:24:31 pm »
   I bypass this by dating anorexic alcoholics. Problem solved.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:55:58 pm »
So the simple solution is not to make the first date a dinner date.  Or the second. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 06:16:08 pm »
I've been out the "dating" thing for almost 40 years, but I don't remember any woman throwing "dining details" as a contingency on whether they went out or not.  Maybe things have changed.

It's never stated explicitly.  "A gentleman buys his date dinner without expectation of anything more, unless he's a 'Dog.'"

That's usually the opening gambit of "friend-zoning" somebody.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 06:20:00 pm »
It's never stated explicitly.  "A gentleman buys his date dinner without expectation of anything more, unless he's a 'Dog.'"

That's usually the opening gambit of "friend-zoning" somebody.

I always believed in the "3 date rule" and that's when she told me a story 'bout free milk and a cow
And said, "No huggee, no kissee until I get a wedding vow"
My honey, my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf
She said, "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 07:32:08 pm »
Nothing new about this. Women have always done this. It's just a part of the dating game. Means nothing. If she goes out with you and you both have a good time,win/win. If she goes out with you and the way she acts causes you to never want to take her out again,once again it is win/win because you quickly found out you have no interest in her.

True story. Years ago I had several people tell me that a girl I knew casually was going to really suck up to me because she knew I had concert tickets to see Elton John,and she wanted to go. She just didn't want to go with ME,but was willing to make that giant sacrifice if necessary. One of the people warning me was her sister.

So I took the ball and ran with it. We ran into each other at a party,and with her sister and everybody right there to listen,I asked her if she would like to go see Elton John with me,because I have a spare ticket. When she said "Yes,",I told her there were conditions. She had to promise to not pick her nose or fart in public. Ok,that locked her jaw a little,but she still wanted to go,so I took her.

When I got to her house the night of the concert,she came to the door wearing orange corduroy jump suit,a pair of Mickey Mouse sunglasses,and had dyed her hair green. This was in the 70's,when green hair was more than sorta unusual.

It was all I could do to not laugh out loud,but I managed to hold it in while looking down so she couldn't see the look on my face.

We got to the concert,and were having a good time,and then I looked over at her to see if she was enjoying herself,and she stuck a finger up her hose,raised a haunch,and let one rip.

I laughed until I thought I was going to puke.

We went out a BUNCH of times after that because we enjoyed each other's company,but there was never any romance at all. She has even left other people she was on a date with if they got boring or pushy,and would come looking for me to go drinking with.

To this very day she and I are very good friends.  She has even called me and told me if I got too sick from the chemo to clean the house and take care of myself to let her know,and I could come stay with her and she would take care of me.  I didn't ask her,she called and offered.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 10:58:29 pm »
   I bypass this by dating anorexic alcoholics. Problem solved.

That made me lol.

Myself...I've never gone out with a guy for a meal. But then...I am not a huge food afficianado.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 11:15:53 pm »
Why do they assume they are going to get a free meal?
I always made my dates pay for their order and I pay for mine.
You know, women's rights and all that crap.
Sometimes the date would pay for the whole thing, and I still had a good time.
In my prime, I was a prize catch.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 12:14:01 am »
Why do they assume they are going to get a free meal?
I always made my dates pay for their order and I pay for mine.
You know, women's rights and all that crap.
Sometimes the date would pay for the whole thing, and I still had a good time.
In my prime, I was a prize catch.

Never ever had it that way.
Even picnics and such... Give her the wallet.
She takes me out to dinner for my birthday...Give her the wallet.

It's just how it is.  :shrug:

On the other hand... She keeps the house, there's dinner on the table, and the magic hamper - put dirty clothes in, they just appear in my drawers 2 days later...

There's a garden out back bursting with food, and chickens throwing more eggs than anyone could eat.

There's some truth to women being multipliers...

Give a woman a seed, she multiplies it and returns you a child.
Give a woman a house, she multiplies it and returns it to you a home.
Give a woman shit...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 12:25:08 am »

It's been far longer than 40 years for me  but my recollection is the same.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 12:59:15 am »
At one time I had it all.
Several apartments. Plenty of women who loved me. Tons of money to splash around.
Then my wife found out and it all went to hell.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 01:16:57 am »
At one time I had it all.
Several apartments. Plenty of women who loved me. Tons of money to splash around.
Then my wife found out and it all went to hell.

@240B

That's just the way wives are. They HATE to see their husbands having a good time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 01:27:13 am »
Changing from application GirlFriend 6.0 to Wife 1.0

Last year a friend of mine, system administrator as myself, changed the application GirlFriend 6.0 by Wife 1.0 and found that the update was not very successful. First of all Wife 1.0 leaves very little system resources for other applications, not only this, but he has also realized that Wife 1.0 is a prolific processor of Babys 1.x, which are additionally consumers of valuable resources.

There was no mention of this particular fact neither from the product manufacters nor in the warranty, altough some colleagues had inform me that this was expectable, due to the nature of the application.

But surprises didn't end up there, additionally Wife 1.0 configures itself so that it always starts when the system is initialized, from where it can monitor the rest of the processes.

My friend is noticing that some applications like: NightOfPoker 10.3, BeerParty 2.5 and PubNight 7.0 no longer can be run, because Wife 1.0 locks the system when they are selected (even so they always worked fine before).

During the installation, Wife 1.0 installs automatically services not desired, like MotherInLaw 55.8 and the DEMO version of BrotherInLaw. The most outstanding effects of these services are the progresive and daily degradation of the system.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 01:33:08 am »
Wife 1.0 only runs in administrator mode.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 02:16:44 am »
   I had pretty much given up dating for the comfortability and predictability of a single man in his mid~late 60's, I was happy. Sure I had a few women around (with benefits) and I enjoyed the laughs, their smile and company. 
   6 weeks ago things changed.  She floated through my front door one balmy, hot night with a ready made family, two large crapping puppies and a young bird with a broken leg in a box.  Of course, by the next afternoon I found the beautiful crapping large puppies a good home. She got over it.
   We have so little in common, she's half my age, and we both know this won't last, but we're both determined to enjoy each others company while it does.   
   Sadly, my cat, Stormy killed her bird on the third day.
   So quickly things can change, I wouldn't necessarily drink her bathwater but I'd certainly buy her dinner mainly because she doesn't cook worth a damn.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.