Poll

How much do you spend on a bottle of wine?

$2 Buck Chuck rules
0 (0%)
$3 to $5
1 (11.1%)
$5 to $10
4 (44.4%)
Boones Farm rules.
1 (11.1%)
Thunderbird
1 (11.1%)
30 minutes sounds about right
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: How much do you spend on a bottle of wine?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How much do you spend on a bottle of wine?
« on: June 23, 2019, 02:32:09 am »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Re: How much do you spend on a bottle of wine?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:49 am »
You know what I'm gonna say, so...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 06:45:32 am »
Blood Thinners, ain't touched alcohol probable for 15 years now... rarely touched it before then to be honest... That said, probable the cheap stuff (the sweeter and cheaper the better)... Grandpa's Muscadine wine was pretty good. Home grown and brewed... always preferred a wine cooler most the time when I did take a sip...

Funny, I was always a cheap drunk even though I am a big person. One beer and I felt good, was friendly, got sleepy, said goodnight, didn't sleep very well usually for some reason. Far as I know, wife never has took but one sip in her life... and it was by mistake.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 09:15:50 am »
What's the word?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:20:04 pm »
What's the word?

The bird is the word
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 01:07:54 pm »
Blood Thinners, ain't touched alcohol probable for 15 years now... rarely touched it before then to be honest... That said, probable the cheap stuff (the sweeter and cheaper the better)... Grandpa's Muscadine wine was pretty good. Home grown and brewed... always preferred a wine cooler most the time when I did take a sip...

Funny, I was always a cheap drunk even though I am a big person. One beer and I felt good, was friendly, got sleepy, said goodnight, didn't sleep very well usually for some reason. Far as I know, wife never has took but one sip in her life... and it was by mistake.

Can't drink anymore either because of health issues.  But when I did drink, it was one, maybe two glasses and that was enough.  As for sleep -- alcohol could knock me out, but 2 hours later, I was wide awake.  I  used to like a dry wine more than sweet, but wine was only with dinner with family and friends.  Any other time, it was beer.  Just before I quit drinking, it was Mike's Hard whatever.  I miss those beverages.  Refreshing on a hot day, then after a couple, I couldn't stand up.  LOL

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »
Don't drink wine. Never have except for once when a few of us got stuck with duty over the Christmas holidays at Ft. Hood Texas and could only scrape up enough dough for a few bottles of the bird from the class 6 store. BAD experience!  VERY bad.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:04:48 pm »
Well, I have health issues as well, and really shouldn't drink, but I once in a blue moon I will have a glass of wine.  When I do it's usually Rodney Strong Chardonnay or Kendall Jackson Chardonnay; the drier the better!  Usually runs about $14/bottle.

I really love Scotch too, either Glenlivet or Glenfiddich.

Ah, the days of being able to drink ...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 10:21:58 pm »
There is no vote option for Franzia?  Okey dokey. 8888crybaby

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 10:25:18 pm »
I don't think I have ever bought a bottle of wine in my life.
Closest I can come is coolers for lady friends... Which were also few and far between.
The coolers, I mean, not the lady friends...  :whistle: