Author Topic: Texas man recalls losing his wife to ‘Dr. Death’ in shocking doc: ‘My world just ended right then an  (Read 416 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News by  Stephanie Nolasco 6/22/2019

Texas man recalls losing his wife to ‘Dr. Death’ in shocking doc: ‘My world just ended right then and there’

Kellie Martin and her husband Don were taking Christmas decorations down from the attic of their suburban Garland, Texas, home in late 2011 when their lives changed forever.

Kellie, 54, missed a step on a ladder and fell, resulting in a herniated disk in her back. After physical therapy and muscle relaxers, their family doctor recommended neurosurgeon Christopher Duntsch. The couple agreed to visit the doctor — a decision that will forever haunt Don and their two daughters.

The case of Duntsch is explored in the new Oxygen docu-series, “License to Kill,” premiering on June 23. The show, hosted by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Terry Dubrow of “Botched," chronicles the harrowing accounts of patients put into jeopardy by medical professionals’ insidious use of their expertise. It highlights interviews with families, medical professionals and law enforcement.

Duntsch was recently the subject of a true crime podcast earlier this year titled “Dr. Death” by Wondery — the same podcast network behind their hit series “Dirty John.”

“From the initial fall, it wasn’t that super great,” Don told Fox News about his wife’s injury. “It was a lingering pain. It never went away. We did all kinds of treatments to help alleviate the pain, but it just remained persistent. We were planning on going to an out of country trip, so we thought we might get this fixed before we did. And she was in more pain than she led on. I could see it. I didn’t want her to go through that if we could avoid it. That’s when we started exploring surgery options.”

The couple soon found themselves in Dr. Duntsch’s office scheduling surgery for during the elementary school teacher’s March 2012 spring break. Duntsch insisted the 45-minute procedure was routine and simple to do.

FORMER HEAVEN'S GATE FOLLOWER TELLS ALL

“He sounded very articulate,” reflected Don. “It sounded like he knew what he was doing. We figure it wouldn’t be an issue… He said it was a minor surgery, but that she would be OK after the procedure. A very simple, common procedure — that’s what we were hoping for. A quick recovery."

But on the day of surgery, Don found himself waiting, not knowing what happened to Martin.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dr-death-license-to-kill-documentary