Author Topic: Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'  (Read 6496 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@libertybele

There is nothing conservative about people like you. You use that label to hide behind while operating like Storm Troopers. What you are is religious fascists.

SP, you paint with far too broad of a brush....  there are many of us that are none of the things that you describe, but remain profoundly disappointed at the utter, broad failures with immigration and the border.

Especially since he is never honest with us about it.  The BS doesn't work anymore.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
SP, you paint with far too broad of a brush....  there are many of us that are none of the things that you describe, but remain profoundly disappointed at the utter, broad failures with immigration and the border.

Especially since he is never honest with us about it.  The BS doesn't work anymore.

One thing you have to understand about ol' Pete...either you support everything Trump does 110% of the time...even when what he does is a flip flop of what he originally said or promised...or you're a dirty Hillary supporter.

There is no middle ground with him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Just heard on Fox Business that Mexico is sending 15,000 troops to their NORTHERN border to help control the border. Hope this is true.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Today, a distraught caller finally got thru in Rush's 3rd hour today...pissed off that all day, he NEVER commented, or explained away, the capitulation to Pelosi regarding the canceling of the targeted deportations.

Rush essentially said the same thing I did the other day (yesterday)?  that he was going to draw the democrats out on their refusal to work with him on immigration.   Own it was a campaign issue. 

And just like Rush, I too, said I was disappointed that it's getting a bit too predictable for me....backing off on his initial threat.

Maybe it's because.....  I WANT BLOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Maybe it's because.....  I WANT BLOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!    9999hair out0000

We need to apply the "Chicago Way" to the Iranians. 150 dead IRGC soldiers as retaliation for shooting down a drone would have been a good start.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

We need to apply the "Chicago Way" to the Iranians. 150 dead IRGC soldiers as retaliation for shooting down a drone would have been a good start.

Schlicter is right.  IRAN would have been a huge trap for the President.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we'd lost one of our Top Guns, an Iranian Air Base would be s smouldering ruins today.

But fool me once.... as the saying goes.

To pull back...or even broadcast the operation?

Rush said, as with any marketing plan, you never tell the customer how your'e going to separate him from his money.   You just execute it.

I'm at a loss...getting tired after 4 years and nothing changed at the border.

This is BULLSHIT!!!    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

There's no doubt in my mind that if we'd lost one of our Top Guns, an Iranian Air Base would be s smouldering ruins today.

Rush said, as with any marketing plan, you never tell the customer how your'e going to separate him from his money.   You just execute it.

IMHO a measured response like the radar installations...actions similar to how Reagan handled them in the 80's isn't a trap.  It's effective and proven.

I share your frustration with the border.

Online libertybele

Just heard on Fox Business that Mexico is sending 15,000 troops to their NORTHERN border to help control the border. Hope this is true.

Yes, I heard this as well and I hope that it is true and that they are successful in curtailing the invasion.  I want this President to succeed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

888high58888  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One thing you have to understand about ol' Pete...either you support everything Trump does 110% of the time...even when what he does is a flip flop of what he originally said or promised...or you're a dirty Hillary supporter.

@txradioguy

Typical kneejerk NT reaction.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm just a dirty Christian to him.  He always targets my faith.  I made a mistake in sympathizing with him when he told me how oppressive the Christians were when he was growing up.  Now if I don't talk nice about Trump he goes straight to my Christianity.  So I never did anything to him so he can't be believed anymore.  For all I know he just hates God.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dancer

Y'all know that the acting DHS leader, Kevin McAleenan leaked the plan to the WashCompost, right?  PDJT had to call it off. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet//mattvespa/2019/06/24/oh-so-thats-who-scuttled-the-trump-administrations-planned-ice-raids-n2548810

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I'm just a dirty Christian to him.  He always targets my faith.  I made a mistake in sympathizing with him when he told me how oppressive the Christians were when he was growing up.  Now if I don't talk nice about Trump he goes straight to my Christianity.  So I never did anything to him so he can't be believed anymore.  For all I know he just hates God.

@Chosen Daughter

<Cut it out.> 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:23:52 pm by Mod1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Typical kneejerk NT reaction.

Gien the support I've shown for Trump when he does things right...<hey, guys?  It's way too early for that.>
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:23:30 pm by Mod1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:49:32 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:51:20 pm by Mod1 »

Offline EdJames

So, as it often happens, we are left without a clear picture of what is going on....

If we go by Trump's Tweet, he postponed the raids to allow 2 weeks for the Congress to work on fixing the "loopholes" in immigration law...

Then we hear that 5 (un-named) sources all point to McAleenan as a leaker that caused Trump to have to postpone because the leaks compromised the operation...

Then last evening Lou Dobbs starts his show saying that he talked to McAleenan on the phone yesterday and that McAleenan swears up and down that he isn't a leaker...

It sounded like Dobbs was going to have that (recorded) interview later in the show, but it never came....  He never brought it up until he had on Matt Gaetz late in the show, Dobbs mentions to Gaetz that McAleenan denies being a leaker and Gaetz tells Dobbs that he believes him.....

So we don't know why Trump postponed these deportation efforts (that he originally billed as being "millions") for supposedly two weeks....

It certainly can't be because he believes that the Pelosi House is going to pass any legislation fixing the issues.

Also, we need to keep in mind that there are two separate bills being discussed at this point, and we shouldn't confuse the two:
1.  The "humanitarian funding" supplement that is around $5 billion...  Senate has passed a version, House has a version (not yet passed to my knowledge)...
2.  The imaginary "fix the issues" bill that Trump is hoping gets passed in two weeks...  which really isn't two weeks because of the 4th of July recess coming up...

And of course what seems to be lurking in the background (if you listen carefully) is the emergence of a dreaded "comprehensive immigration reform" bill....  could that emerge as some sort of sick combination of the above 2 bills? 

Will it contain an amnesty for "N" millions?

If it does emerge in this murky atmosphere, I suspect that Trump will sign it, unfortunately....

:shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
<This is not the thread to make fun of Christians.>
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:12:39 pm by Mod1 »

Online libertybele

So, as it often happens, we are left without a clear picture of what is going on....

If we go by Trump's Tweet, he postponed the raids to allow 2 weeks for the Congress to work on fixing the "loopholes" in immigration law...

Then we hear that 5 (un-named) sources all point to McAleenan as a leaker that caused Trump to have to postpone because the leaks compromised the operation...

Then last evening Lou Dobbs starts his show saying that he talked to McAleenan on the phone yesterday and that McAleenan swears up and down that he isn't a leaker...

It sounded like Dobbs was going to have that (recorded) interview later in the show, but it never came....  He never brought it up until he had on Matt Gaetz late in the show, Dobbs mentions to Gaetz that McAleenan denies being a leaker and Gaetz tells Dobbs that he believes him.....

So we don't know why Trump postponed these deportation efforts (that he originally billed as being "millions") for supposedly two weeks....

It certainly can't be because he believes that the Pelosi House is going to pass any legislation fixing the issues.

Also, we need to keep in mind that there are two separate bills being discussed at this point, and we shouldn't confuse the two:
1.  The "humanitarian funding" supplement that is around $5 billion...  Senate has passed a version, House has a version (not yet passed to my knowledge)...
2.  The imaginary "fix the issues" bill that Trump is hoping gets passed in two weeks...  which really isn't two weeks because of the 4th of July recess coming up...

And of course what seems to be lurking in the background (if you listen carefully) is the emergence of a dreaded "comprehensive immigration reform" bill....  could that emerge as some sort of sick combination of the above 2 bills? 

If it does emerge in this murky atmosphere, I suspect that Trump will sign it, unfortunately....

:shrug:

IMHO as I stated before, McAleenan is simply someone convenient for Trump to blame.  Trump is FAILING at the border and he knows it. I just wish his supporters would recognize it's way past time to start holding him accountable and that they need to start making some noise.  Sitting idly by and praising his every backpedal isn't helpful.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdJames

It will if the Dims and their goombas,the Establishment RINO's have their way.

Offline EdJames

IMHO as I stated before, McAleenan is simply someone convenient for Trump to blame.  Trump is FAILING at the border and he knows it. I just wish his supporters would recognize it's way past time to start holding him accountable and that they need to start making some noise.  Sitting idly by and praising his every backpedal isn't helpful.

I think that many of them do recognize it...  but let's be real, there is no effective way of "holding him accountable..." at this point....  What I suspect we will see, that if he signs an amnesty bill, those vaunted rallies are going to be a lot more sparsely attended....

Offline EdJames

@EdJames

It will if the Dims and their goombas,the Establishment RINO's have their way.

That's a given....  the question is, will Trump sign it?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think that many of them do recognize it...  but let's be real, there is no effective way of "holding him accountable..." at this point....  What I suspect we will see, that if he signs an amnesty bill, those vaunted rallies are going to be a lot more sparsely attended....

IF DJT signs an Amensty Bill?  Forget about the rallies.  The 2020 POTUS election will look like McGovern's '72 run.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

IF DJT signs an Amensty Bill?  Forget about the rallies.  The 2020 POTUS election will look like McGovern's '72 run.

There's a purpose to the media continually asking President Trump, "If you lose the election, will you leave?"

Truthfully, I'm more than a little concerned with all this State Driver's License automatic voter registration, etc..

Add all this early voting bullshit and absentee ballot nonsense.   I don't like what I see.

The Supreme Court has to rule that early voting in this day and tech age is too fraught with cheating.

Show up with your picture ID and vote.   Stick your thumb in some purple dye, even.      :laugh: