Author Topic: Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'  (Read 6535 times)

Offline cato potatoe

It's a shame nobody warned us that Trump was a con artist.  Maybe by 2065 the evangelicals will figure it out.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Are you familiar with the term "puffing". Realtors and developers do it as a matter of course. Trump is not a career politician. He was a developer. If you understand the culture you will understand his language.

I've seen puffers before....

He may not be perfect, but give him some credit. He's done more to straighten out trade than any POTUS I can think of. On immigration he has raised the issue to a fever pitch and is pushing for real long term solutions. He hasn't backed off. He's fighting on multiple fronts with very little real support.

He certainly has raised it to a fever pitch.  We've never had more people streaming across the border each month and being dispersed throughout the country!

He has been in the office for near 30 months now, don't you think that we should at least see some progress on these "real long term solutions?"

I'll vote for this guy next time around and I will contribute to his campaign.

There is another slogan that developers like to use: "A fool and his money are soon parted...."

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Trump is a fool. After all this time he still hasn't figured out the the goal of the Democrats is to sabotage anything and everything.

Thinking that Congress will ever in a million years 'come to a solution' is a level of idiocy which I cannot imagine. They're just stalling, delaying, impeding, just like they always do. Damn Trump! What the hell man? Are you really that stupid!?

@240B

I don't believe it is because he is stupid, but rather because he still fancies himself as some kind of master deal maker.

He still thinks that he can force a deal with every single person that ever lived.  (He doesn't understand that there are people in gubmint that will NEVER make a deal with him.)

Part of it is that he is believing his own press releases...  I mean Tweets.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What is AMAZING to me is that for some inexplicable reason he still believes that the Democrats are acting in good faith. As if they have the interests of America in mind. I can kind of understand this in his first year. But after all that he has been through at the hands of the Dems, you would think that he would finally get the message at this point.

Maybe he is doing it because he believes that he can 'make a deal'.
Maybe he is doing it to make the deportations the Dems fault, because they refuse to make a deal.
Maybe he himself is really not serious about deporting anybody.

We just don't know. All we can do is to wait and see how it all turns out. I have very low expectations that anything significant will change.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I want to give the Democrats every last chance to quickly negotiate simple changes to Asylum and Loopholes. This will fix the Southern Border, together with the help that Mexico is now giving us. Probably won’t happen, but worth a try. Two weeks and big Deportation begins!
8:13 AM - 23 Jun 2019

Whatever
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ICE director tells Pirro real reason raids were halted. Confirms ‘green light’ to remove illegal immigrants
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/06/23/ice-director-tells-pirro-real-reason-raids-were-halted-confirms-green-light-to-remove-illegal-immigrants-767861

again...whatever...if this is the case you just move up the time for the raids...
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

Oye vavoy!  The angst.   88devil

Offline Night Hides Not

Oye vavoy!  The angst.   88devil

Trump just gave the Democrats two weeks to obfuscate, delay, and otherwise throw more sand into the gearbox. It’s obvious that Trump doesn’t want to “fix” border security,  but keep it as a rallying cry for you and the rest of Trump apologists.

There are over 2000 judicial orders to deport these lawbreakers, and Trump just gave them two weeks to find a new hiding place.

One thing is sure: there is nothing that Trump can do that the Trump Brigadiers will not disagree with. In fact, they spin every action in his favor, as if he makes Sun Tzu look like a rank amateur.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump just gave the Democrats two weeks to obfuscate, delay, and otherwise throw more sand into the gearbox. It’s obvious that Trump doesn’t want to “fix” border security,  but keep it as a rallying cry for you and the rest of Trump apologists.

There are over 2000 judicial orders to deport these lawbreakers, and Trump just gave them two weeks to find a new hiding place.

One thing is sure: there is nothing that Trump can do that the Trump Brigadiers will not disagree with. In fact, they spin every action in his favor, as if he makes Sun Tzu look like a rank amateur.

Yep, and I bet this obfusication really plays well with his base who was asking much higher the wall needed to be built.

Seems like he is on a political suicide mission.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

Mercifully, the foggy mist is beginning to evaporate for some.
Trump has been nothing but hustler and opportunist all his life,
as his Mother well understood more than 60 years ago. Surprise!
His core principles are..................................................what?

Online libertybele

:thumbsup:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Why would that be the last thing he wants to do?  Are you pro amnesty?  I posted awhile ago in the other thread that I could get on the Trump Train if its going in the right destination.  And the right destination has nothing to do with race or religion.  It has nothing to do with political party or political posturing. It has to do with following our laws and Constitution.  These people have deportation orders.  That is the law.

Obviously you've never negotiated agreements. The Rats could care less about our laws and constitution, except when they can use it to keep their opponents from achieving their goals. So why would you be so eager to let them do that? Is it you just want a cheap short lived victory?

This whole battle over illegal immigration is going to be won by the side that is more successful in their posturing. Why do you think Trump is always talking about MS-13 and other criminals that are entering the country. Why do you think the Rats are always talking about the moms are their babies.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

Yep, and I bet this obfusication really plays well with his base who was asking much higher the wall needed to be built.

Seems like he is on a political suicide mission.

Being the grand narcissist that he is, I don't think that he thinks that he'll be defeated; after all he proclaims he is one of the greatest presidents ever and no one has been able to accomplish what he has done. If he is defeated, he has plenty of blame to go around.  Guarantee it.

He is excellent at selling himself, drawing a crowd and telling people what they want to here.  He has done some good for this country, that is without question.  Border security isn't one of his accomplishments; nor do I think border security and a wall was ever his agenda.  That issue only served a purpose in getting him elected.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

You couldn't be more wrong.  These people broke Federal law entering the country illegally...the FIRST thing that should be done is deportation.

This just ignores the reality on the ground.

Online libertybele

Obviously you've never negotiated agreements. The Rats could care less about our laws and constitution, except when they can use it to keep their opponents from achieving their goals. So why would you be so eager to let them do that? Is it you just want a cheap short lived victory?

This whole battle over illegal immigration is going to be won by the side that is more successful in their posturing. Why do you think Trump is always talking about MS-13 and other criminals that are entering the country. Why do you think the Rats are always talking about the moms are their babies.

Well, talk is very cheap and inaction is very costly!!  Playing tiddly winks with our sovereignty doesn't exactly equal border security, in fact it screams incompetency and shows his lack of being able to accomplish the very issue he campaigned on.  Anyone who would risk the sovereignty of this country should be deeply ashamed!!!

Offline bilo

--------------------------
Apparently you're the Chair of the Trumpet fan club.
Well done but a demurral.
This preening narcissist has done little but run his mouth since puberty.
But obviously that's ok w/fans where bullshit TRUMPS action and results.

More of the same nonsense from the blind.

If you can't see he's accomplished more with less support then you just don't want to see it because you're more put off by his abrasive personality.

Apparently you're in good company at TBR and with the establishment "genteel" Pubs.

Online libertybele

More of the same nonsense from the blind.

If you can't see he's accomplished more with less support then you just don't want to see it because you're more put off by his abrasive personality.

Apparently you're in good company at TBR and with the establishment "genteel" Pubs.

I must have missed it.  What exactly has he accomplished at the border??

Offline bilo

That's ridiculous.

Nancy, Chuck and FRiends would LOVE to have the media grab heart-breaking human stories for the 2020 campaign.

And their philosophy of the State over the individual lets them sleep like babies while the deportations are in swing.

It's good to see someone is thinking beyond the immediate "feel good" reaction.

Every step of the way Trump has tried to get a real, permanent, legislative solution. It shows solid in depth thinking. If he does it all on his own it's easy to over turn all the good that gets accomplished by the next radical leftist who gets elected masquerading as a moderate. However, if he is reluctantly forced into taking action on his own after exhausting all efforts to find compromise it's much more difficult to undo the good that gets done and to cast him as the bad guy.

In 2-3 weeks when deportations start cranking up and the media/Rats start claiming the deportees are all victims Trump can easily say, "why wouldn't you try and work it out". He did the same thing with Mexico and the tariffs. They worked it out. I don't think the Rats will because being the "victim" is their #1 play in their playbook.

Offline bilo

Well, talk is very cheap and inaction is very costly!!  Playing tiddly winks with our sovereignty doesn't exactly equal border security, in fact it screams incompetency and shows his lack of being able to accomplish the very issue he campaigned on.  Anyone who would risk the sovereignty of this country should be deeply ashamed!!!

How many Pubs did we both support and elect who did that very thing for the sake of cheap labor?

I don't want to win a battle. I want to win the war. At least Trump knows how to fight it. All I see from all the establishment Pubs on TBR is cries for immediate one time action that guarantees a public backlash, instead of incrementally taking action as the other side continues to show they are operating in bad faith.

Offline bilo

I must have missed it.  What exactly has he accomplished at the border??

You obviously aren't looking.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's ridiculous.

Nancy, Chuck and FRiends would LOVE to have the media grab heart-breaking human stories for the 2020 campaign.

And their philosophy of the State over the individual lets them sleep like babies while the deportations are in swing.

I had to address this one more time.  I think what you said here tells the trouble with getting anything done.  It says why we are moving away from our Conservative values.  Its fear.  Fear that the Democrats will win.  So we shouldn't do anything.  Fear, so we should move more in their direction.  Fear, so we shouldn't uphold the law.  Fear, so we should sign more spending bills that put this country in debt.  Your afraid of the Chuck and Nancy show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How many Pubs did we both support and elect who did that very thing for the sake of cheap labor?

I don't want to win a battle. I want to win the war. At least Trump knows how to fight it. All I see from all the establishment Pubs on TBR is cries for immediate one time action that guarantees a public backlash, instead of incrementally taking action as the other side continues to show they are operating in bad faith.

Deportations are court ordered.  They already have them and its the law.  By postponing them it gives illegal a chance to hide.  It undermines law enforcement from doing their jobs.  What can you negotiate about that?  The deportations need to happen no matter what.  This only plays into the hands of Democrats who call for the end of ICE.  What else is there?  This is their job.  To carry out the court ordered deportations.  There doesn't seem to be anything there to bargain with. 

So tell me what delaying this is going to do?  What can you use about court ordered deportations for negotiations? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Deportations are court ordered.  They already have them and its the law.  By postponing them it gives illegal a chance to hide.  It undermines law enforcement from doing their jobs.  What can you negotiate about that?  The deportations need to happen no matter what.  This only plays into the hands of Democrats who call for the end of ICE.  What else is there?  This is their job.  To carry out the court ordered deportations.  There doesn't seem to be anything there to bargain with. 

So tell me what delaying this is going to do?  What can you use about court ordered deportations for negotiations?

Exactly.  Delaying isn't going to do a darn thing.  Nancy supposedly asked for Trump to delay the deportations.  It's the law!  So why didn't he turn to her and say, it's the law and the deportations are happening period. 

You are correct; there is no bargaining chip here and certainly nothing to be gained for the greater good of this country.  Nothing more than a horse and pony show.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Smart move on his part. He is giving the Dims enough rope to hang themselves with. Now when they fail to act and he cracks down,they can't say he did it arbitrarily or without consulting them.

And...,if in the meantime a few deport themselves to keep from having their names on a list in the future,that's good for us,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!