Author Topic: That New $4.5B Border Security Funding Bill Sure Looks Like a Total Surrender By Republicans  (Read 320 times)

Online corbe

That New $4.5B Border Security Funding Bill Sure Looks Like a Total Surrender By Republicans

Posted at 7:00 pm on June 21, 2019 by Bonchie

I had an open mind when I saw that some compromise had been reached on border security funding earlier in the week. Sure, there was never going to be money for the wall or changes to asylum laws in the thing, but perhaps it would at least be funding targeted at more beds, facilities, border patrol agents, and other resources needed to handle the surge in illegal immigration.

Then the details came out and I was reminded this is the Republican party we are talking about. As it stands, this looks like a near total surrender on the issue and will do almost nothing to relieve the strain on CBP as the attempt to enforce our immigration laws on the border.

Here’s a write-up on some of the highlights.
It’s all about refugee resettlement: The lion’s share of the bill, $2.88 billion, is for HHS’ Office of Refugee Resettlement. In other words, the funding is all for resettling the very people that the bill was supposed to deter.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/21/new-4.5b-border-security-funding-bill-looks-like-total-surrender-republicans
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.