Author Topic: ICE raids targeting migrant families slated to start Sunday in major US cities  (Read 635 times)

rangerrebew

ICE raids targeting migrant families slated to start Sunday in major US cities
by Zachary Halaschak
 | June 21, 2019 02:45 PM

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents will reportedly begin a massive operation this Sunday to roundup 2,000 families facing deportation.

ICE will likely begin the plan, known within the agency as the “family op,” with pre-dawn raids in major U.S. cities, according to the Washington Post. The raids will target migrant families that have deportation orders in as many as 10 cities including Miami, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, and other major immigration hubs.

The operation is expected to unfold over several days beginning Sunday morning, although discussions over the scale of the operation is still ongoing. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan has been reportedly advocating for a narrower operation that would look to detain about 150 migrant families that were provided attorneys but absconded.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ice-raids-targeting-migrant-families-slated-to-start-sunday-in-major-u-s-cities-report

Offline skeeter

Looks like its gonna happen after all.

I predict this thread will die a quick death.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Now "put off" for two weeks.

A mistake.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Maybe some underlings came in and said, they can't handle the load right away.

Our government should be more efficient, if it were about red tape, no problem.

Offline skeeter

Now "put off" for two weeks.

A mistake.

Yeah this was not the issue to trifle with.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Maybe some underlings came in and said, they can't handle the load right away.

Our government should be more efficient, if it were about red tape, no problem.

He said in his tweet that he wanted to see if the Congress could get together and work on some solutions.

However, the court ordered deportations are NOT a bargaining chip to be used.  He swore an Oath to enforce the laws of the country, not negotiate with them.

Online libertybele

He said in his tweet that he wanted to see if the Congress could get together and work on some solutions.

However, the court ordered deportations are NOT a bargaining chip to be used.  He swore an Oath to enforce the laws of the country, not negotiate with them.

Ok.  You know I tried.  I was all aboard that Trump Reality Railroad and I just can't stay on it; he keeps throwing me off at every train station.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

Ok.  You know I tried.  I was all aboard that Trump Reality Railroad and I just can't stay on it; he keeps throwing me off at every train station.   **nononono*

To be honest with you: I am beginning to think that he has no interest in deporting any of them.    **nononono*

Online libertybele

To be honest with you: I am beginning to think that he has no interest in deporting any of them.    **nononono*

Agreed. No interest in building the wall, no interest in securing the borders, and no interest in deportation.  His only interest is granting asylum and letting the flood of potential DEM voters in.

If you see things any differently, I'm open to other ideas.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

He'd better prove otherwise real fast or I'm gonna start losing interest in his prospects for 2020.

Illegal immigration is a cataclysm. If it does not get effectively addressed NOTHING else will matter.

Offline EdJames

He'd better prove otherwise real fast or I'm gonna start losing interest in his prospects for 2020.

Illegal immigration is a cataclysm. If it does not get effectively addressed NOTHING else will matter.

Agree fully.  This is no game.