Author Topic: ‘There Is a Stench’: No Soap and Overcrowding in Detention Centers for Migrant Children  (Read 466 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/migrant-children-border-soap.html
A chaotic scene of sickness and filth is unfolding in an overcrowded border station in Clint, Tex., where hundreds of young people who have recently crossed the border are being held, according to lawyers who visited the facility this week. Some of the children have been there for nearly a month.

Children as young as 7 and 8, many of them wearing clothes caked with snot and tears, are caring for infants they’ve just met, the lawyers said. Toddlers without diapers are relieving themselves in their pants. Teenage mothers are wearing clothes stained with breast milk.

Most of the young detainees have not been able to shower or wash their clothes since they arrived at the facility, those who visited said. They have no access to toothbrushes, toothpaste or soap.

“There is a stench,” said Elora Mukherjee, director of the Immigrants’ Rights Clinic at Columbia Law School, one of the lawyers who visited the facility. “The overwhelming majority of children have not bathed since they crossed the border.”

more at link...

unacceptable.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

These people can't even bring soap to wash their children?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So the useless kids are getting what they deserve eh?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Good question.  Might be an issue of contraband.  If people can bring a suitcase to the facility, I can see problems with that.

Maybe Congress should appropriate more danero, instead of deliberately letting things go to pot so they can feed the press sob stories to damage Trump as much as they can?  Like soap and this story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good question.  Might be an issue of contraband.  If people can bring a suitcase to the facility, I can see problems with that.

Maybe Congress should appropriate more danero, instead of deliberately letting things go to pot so they can feed the press sob stories to damage Trump as much as they can?  Like soap and this story.

The TSA limits liquid carry ons to 3 ounces.   I think the least we can do is let those in the AOC concentration camps carry that much on the way to the death camps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Don't come in the first place -- no stench.

Send them back -- no stench.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
ooh that smell. Oak tree you are in my way....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Come on people, that's what the latest several billion dollars that Congress just threw at the situation is for.   :chairbang:

Next thing you know, since 'they' are running out of room to house these ILLEGALS, they'll be putting them in FEMA trailers or hotels.  Maybe re-open military baracks, or old schools.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.