Author Topic: Cornyn takes on climate change, says 'days of ignoring' emissions are over  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Cornyn-says-days-of-ignoring-climate-change-are-13848205.php
WASHINGTON - Texas Senator John Cornyn said Thursday it was time for the United States to take action on climate change, throwing weight behind a growing body of Republicans calling for legislation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

"There is a growing consensus the days of ignoring this issue are over," Cornyn, the former Republican majority whip, said in a conference call with reporters. "If we all agree that reducing emissions is important I think we have a better way of approaching that than the Green New Deal."

more at link.

Ain't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You can see the slow capitulation of the GOP on Capitol Hill since the Dems won back the House. It's like they're desperate to give in and deal.

This is the absolute last straw for me. I'm done with the DC GOP swamp leadership and anyone that gets on their bandwagon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You can see the slow capitulation of the GOP on Capitol Hill since the Dems won back the House. It's like they're desperate to give in and deal.

This is the absolute last straw for me. I'm done with the DC GOP swamp leadership and anyone that gets on their bandwagon.

Cornyn!  :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A complete jackass.  This proves he is beholden to DC interests, and cares not one wit about Texas, which elected him multiple times.

Ok, Greg Abbott - work the numbers and announce you aRe running for this seat.

We need you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 02:56:35 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Anyone know the Houston Chronicle, their political bent and trustworthiness?   

In the article, no quote from Cornyn mentions climate change.  He mentions "reducing emissions".  HC appears to have inserted "greenhouse gas emissions" into one of his quotes.

If a paper wanted to take someone's statements and use them to fit their agenda, it would look a lot like this article.  It could be accurate reporting, of course, but it sure looks fishy to me.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

In the article, no quote from Cornyn mentions climate change.  He mentions "reducing emissions".  HC appears to have inserted "greenhouse gas emissions" into one of his quotes.

If a paper wanted to take someone's statements and use them to fit their agenda, it would look a lot like this article.  It could be accurate reporting, of course, but it sure looks fishy to me.

And the Houston Chronicle would be a prime candidate to do such things!

I won't line my birdcage with that rag for fear of corrupting my birds.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And the Houston Chronicle would be a prime candidate to do such things!

I won't line my birdcage with that rag for fear of corrupting my birds.

I don't have birds.  But I will give one finger  freely to that rag
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

I don't have birds.  But I will give one finger  freely to that rag

Wait. Then your saying you DO have a bird... At least till you give it to them.  :whistle:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wait. Then your saying you DO have a bird... At least till you give it to them.  :whistle:

I have two fingers.  I keep one in reserve.

Online roamer_1

I have two fingers.  I keep one in reserve.

Good man. Two is one, one is none...

:beer: :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

Good man. Two is one, one is none...

:beer: :laugh:

LOL! As you know... Fate say's we have fickled fingers!@roamer

Online roamer_1

LOL! As you know... Fate say's we have fickled fingers!@roamer

888high58888

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I wonder why are any of them so worried about global Warming.  The earth warms and cools naturally.  And besides...……...the aliens in the cube vehicles are our biggest concern for the health of the world right now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

Cornyn!  :3:

The guy should be term limited since he has entered the middle stages of senility.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Quite a book lesson on Cornyn....   From principled conservative to worthless RINO in 20 easy years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Cornyn-says-days-of-ignoring-climate-change-are-13848205.php
more at link.

---------------------------
Been true for 100 years!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Liberal rag.  I discontinued subscription many years ago.

Example of their bent is this editorial earlier in year.  Same subject,
While climate change hits Texas, Cornyn tweets [Editorial]
The New Year is a time for new approaches and fresh starts. May we suggest that U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, the senior senator from our storm-ravaged state, adopt a wholly different approach to leadership on one of the most important problems in Texas, or anywhere: climate change.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/While-climate-change-hits-Texas-Cornyn-tweets-13504222.php
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Ghost wrote:
"The guy should be term limited since he has entered the middle stages of senility."

When's he up for re-election?

Shaky prediction: if he runs again, he may lose this time around. Wouldn't be surprised if the dirt-eater tries for the Senate a second time. He'll probably do better -- "just enough better" -- against Cornyn than he did against Cruz.

Texas Republicans better primary him -- at least try to get a better replacement.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Ghost wrote:
"The guy should be term limited since he has entered the middle stages of senility."

When's he up for re-election?

Shaky prediction: if he runs again, he may lose this time around. Wouldn't be surprised if the dirt-eater tries for the Senate a second time. He'll probably do better -- "just enough better" -- against Cornyn than he did against Cruz.

Texas Republicans better primary him -- at least try to get a better replacement.

He's up again for re-election in 2020.  He needs to be primaried.  He's part of the McConnell inner circle.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Absalom

Forget ignoring emissions; just ignore Cornyn!!!

Offline MajorClay

But he is up for re election.  Heard a rumor that Alan West is going to primary him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But he is up for re election.  Heard a rumor that Alan West is going to primary him.

Now that would be worth the price of admission.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Heard that same rumor.  Desperately hope it's true.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Ok, Greg Abbott - work the numbers and announce you aRe running for this seat.

We need you.

Abbott could take Cornyn in a New York second. I hope he does, if he has a primary opponent I am voting for that guy/gal.