Author Topic: BREAKING: Texas Governor announces 1,000 troops to the border and gives shocking reason why! – VIDEO  (Read 834 times)

Offline corbe

BREAKING: Texas Governor announces 1,000 troops to the border and gives shocking reason why! – [VIDEO]

The Right Scoop  Jun. 21, 2019 2:37 pm by The Right Scoop

Abbott says these 1,000 National Guard troops are in addition to the 500 public safety officers they’ve already sent to the border.

As he points out in the tweet, he’s sending these troops because 45,000 people have been apprehended from all across the globe, including 52 different countries, in the last three weeks. That’s huge. Now I don’t know about you, but last I checked there aren’t 52 countries below the southern border in North America.

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-texas-governor-announces-1000-troops-to-the-border-and-gives-shocking-reason-why-video/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

F#&^ing rats & chamber of commerce greedbags.

They brought this down on us.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BREAKING: Texas Governor announces 1,000 troops to the border and gives shocking reason why! – [VIDEO]

The Right Scoop  Jun. 21, 2019 2:37 pm by The Right Scoop

Abbott says these 1,000 National Guard troops are in addition to the 500 public safety officers they’ve already sent to the border.

As he points out in the tweet, he’s sending these troops because 45,000 people have been apprehended from all across the globe, including 52 different countries, in the last three weeks. That’s huge. Now I don’t know about you, but last I checked there aren’t 52 countries below the southern border in North America.

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-texas-governor-announces-1000-troops-to-the-border-and-gives-shocking-reason-why-video/

Attention you dunces!  There only needs to be ONE country South of the US border that thugs from around the world know how to get to and exploit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Texas-sending-up-to-1-000-more-National-Guard-14028434.php

Agents made 132,887 apprehensions in May, the first time that apprehensions have topped 100,000 since April 2007. It set a record with 84,542 adults and children apprehended. Another 11,507 were children traveling alone, and 36,838 were single adults.

Texas has for years been funding its own border security operations. The state budget approved this session includes over $800 million for border security operations over the next two years, including money to operate cameras and remove Carrizo cane, a weed that can grow 25 feet tall and provides cover for border crossers along the Rio Grande Valley. It also pays for 500 troopers from the Department of Public Safety to work along the border.

The Legislature did turn down an 11th-hour request from Abbott’s office to spend another $100 million on a border surge that lawmakers said would have sent the National Guard to help the federal government process immigrants. It appears despite that rejection, Abbott is still moving ahead with the plan.

More at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=40819

Texas has sent National Guardsmen to the border before, which provided some temporary amelioration to the problem. Will this spur congress to act? Of course not. The entire reason we’re getting so many minors is that Democrats have been encouraging it, covertly or overtly, because those are the only illegal aliens that elicit any public sympathy outside their party’s base, and because they believe they can amnesty them for electoral advantage down the road.

We need both E-Verify and a real border wall, as well as significantly more border control personnel and facilities. It’s a shame President Trump didn’t address this when Republicans controlled both branches of congress.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Makes me wonder if Texas could/should come up with the $$$ to build the border wall themselves.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

Makes me wonder if Texas could/should come up with the $$$ to build the border wall themselves.

I think it's more realistic than Mexico will pay for the wall in that Texan Mexicans will build the wall ~ cheap. @Free Vulcan
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

rangerrebew

Texas will deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to the border amid migrant surge

“There is an escalating crisis at the border — a crisis Congress is refusing to fix,” Gov. Greg Abbott said Friday.

BY CASSANDRA POLLOCK JUNE 21, 20191 HOUR AGO

Gov. Greg Abbott announced Friday that the state will deploy 1,000 troops from the Texas National Guard to the U.S.-Mexico border to aid the federal government with border security efforts.

“There is an escalating crisis at the border — a crisis Congress is refusing to fix,” said Abbott, who was flanked by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and House Speaker Dennis Bonnen, along with Brig. Gen. Tracy Norris, the adjutant general of the Texas National Guard, during a news conference at the Texas Capitol.

Abbott said the troops will have two main roles: to help at temporary holding facilities for single adult migrants in the Rio Grande Valley and in El Paso, and to help Border Patrol units along ports of entry.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...rder-security/