Author Topic: Chris Wallace invokes Obama to criticize Trump on Iran  (Read 605 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Wallace invokes Obama to criticize Trump on Iran
« on: June 21, 2019, 08:00:49 pm »
Chris Wallace invokes Obama to criticize Trump on Iran
by Tim Pearce
 | June 21, 2019 03:19 PM

Fox News host Chris Wallace said that while a forceful U.S. response against Iran will bear certain costs, such as escalating tensions and possible causalities, so will a soft answer to Tehran's aggression.

"There's a price to action and obviously that is the possibility of escalation, the possibility that the Iranians could shoot down a U.S. war plane just as they shot down the U.S. drone," Wallace said on Fox News on Friday. "But there is also a cost to inaction."

Wallace reminded viewers of Obama's "red line" and threat of military action against Syria if President Bashar Assad used chemical weapons against his own people, and his subsequent decision to stand down after Syria did so anyway.

"A lot of people, including Donald Trump as a candidate and even as president, said that there was a real cost to that in terms of the U.S. threatening to do something and then not going ahead and doing it," Wallace said. "So there's a cost to action, there’s also a cost to inaction."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chris-wallace-invokes-obama-to-criticize-trump-on-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Chris Wallace invokes Obama to criticize Trump on Iran
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »
MSNBC, Fox News hosts lay into Trump following scuttled attack on Iran
by Becket Adams
 | June 21, 2019 03:40 PM

President Trump caught grief from both the usual and unusual cable news critics Friday morning after he approved and then scuttled retaliatory strikes against Iran.

At "Fox and Friends," for example, the normally slavishly devoted Brian Kilmeade was miffed that the president had chosen against the attacks.

“North Korea is watching," the Fox host complained. "All our enemies are watching. Of course, Assad is watching. And for seven weeks, nothing but provocations.”

The White House was this close Thursday evening to launching retaliatory strikes against Iran for its downing of an unmanned U.S. drone this week. Iranian agents are also suspected of damaging two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last Thursday. However, the president said Friday morning he decided against the attacks at the last minute after being informed that the planned U.S. military strikes would likely lead to at least 150 casualties.

But even before Trump had given his reasons for calling off the planned attack, Kilmeade was already deep in the weeds of offering his own amateur foreign policy analysis.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/msnbc-fox-news-hosts-lay-into-trump-following-scuttled-attack-on-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 08:24:27 pm »
WOE BE US.

Crazy Terrible Trump, gonna ruin the economy, get us into wars.

Leave it to us, the Journalists of America, for WE KNOW how to run the US.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 08:31:41 pm »
It's about time we stopped responding to every provocation with a bombing. We've been doing it for so long I'm afraid its lost its impact and we've lost the moral high ground in the process.

If we're gonna eventually be forced to go all the way in order to stop the islamic lunatics in Tehran from acquiring nukes it would be nice to first build a global consensus of who's the aggressor and who's the good guy. Showing restraint in cases like this plays well with the rest of the world. IMO.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 09:27:56 pm »
Not that there's any pleasing Mr. Wallace, but I wonder what he objects to .... he left that out.

Donald J. Trump‏
    Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

President Obama made a desperate and terrible deal with Iran - Gave them 150 Billion Dollars plus I.8 Billion Dollars in CASH! Iran was in big trouble and he bailed them out. Gave them a free path to Nuclear Weapons, and SOON. Instead of saying thank you, Iran yelled.....

....Death to America. I terminated deal, which was not even ratified by Congress, and imposed strong sanctions. They are a much weakened nation today than at the beginning of my Presidency, when they were causing major problems throughout the Middle East. Now they are Bust!....

....On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not....

....proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new,  and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!

6:03 AM - 21 Jun 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142055392488374272

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:50:20 pm »
One would think people would be thrilled that President Trump decided not to accept 150 Iranians being killed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 09:55:42 pm »
One would think people would be thrilled that President Trump decided not to accept 150 Iranians being killed.

Exactly. The democommies specious talking point is trying to compare this incident to gassing of Syrians by their government despite  Zero's red line. Wallace is joining in, I see.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 10:09:59 pm »
Exactly. The democommies specious talking point is trying to compare this incident to gassing of Syrians by their government despite  Zero's red line. Wallace is joining in, I see.

Wallace's apple didn't fall far from daddy's tree, eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 11:18:11 pm »
Wallace's apple didn't fall far from daddy's tree, eh?

They never do.  Mike marked him forever.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 11:21:19 pm »
They never do.  Mike marked him forever.

Like a dog will mark that apple tree?   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 02:32:32 am »
Wallace is an idiot, and his continued tenure at Fox reflects the true direction of that network.

If one listens to Trump closely, he rationalized that killing 150 Iranians was not proportional, but what he said afterward indicates he is considering other actions.  I think he is chomping at the bit to strike Iran.

Rest assured, they will pull something else.  They will approach our warships and do something threatening.  I hope Trump issues orders to sink all hostile ships that approach.  They would get the idea real quick he is not the pansy Obama was.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 04:07:17 am »
Trump Lied. No one died!.

Oh wait.....They hate when that happens.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 12:24:37 am »
I see that Chris Wallace is reverting to his old self...the out of the closet Liberal he was when he first took over the Sunday morning show.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!