Author Topic: Angry Little Punk: Dem Staffer Who Doxxed GOP Senators During Kavanaugh Fight Is Going To Prison  (Read 485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Angry Little Punk: Dem Staffer Who Doxxed GOP Senators During Kavanaugh Fight Is Going To Prison
Matt Vespa

@mvespa1
|
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 2:20 PM

The Supreme Court fight over the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh was brutal. It was vicious. It was everything that politics is at heart: warfare. We are a nation of blue states and red states. There are Democrats and Republicans. There are liberals and conservatives. We don’t get along. We don’t like each other. And we share absolutely nothing in common. Our differences cannot be bridged. Our views of government cannot be reconciled. That was explicitly displayed as the Democrats tried to execute one of the most destructive character assassination attempts since Clarence Thomas. And the ammunition they used for this political assassination attempt was the equivalent of a .308 Winchester round: sexual assault. Most of the allegations couldn’t be corroborated. Most of them were trash. In reality, you need solid evidence, witnesses, etc., but Democrats decided to take the ‘belief is evidence’ route. That’s precisely wrong.

Throughout the battle, Republican senators were doxxed by a former aide to Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH) who was sentenced to four years in jail for releasing their personal information. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), and Mike Lee (R-UT) were targeted in the doxxing scheme. It was the largest data breach in the Senate’s history (via Politico):

A former aide to Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) was sentenced to four years in prison Wednesday for hacking Senate computers and releasing personal information online about five Republican senators out of anger spurred by their roles in the confirmation hearings for Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Hogan said the sentence for Jackson Cosko, 27, was needed to send a signal that criminal harassment driven by political motives would be punished severely in an era marked by extreme political polarization.

[…]

In April, Cosko pleaded guilty to five felonies, admitting that after being fired last year from his work as a systems administrator on Hassan’s staff, he repeatedly used a colleague’s key to enter the office, install keylogging equipment that stole work and personal email passwords, and downloaded a massive trove of data from Senate systems.

[…]

Shortly before the sentence was handed down, Cosko stood at a courtroom lectern and apologized.

“I take full and complete responsibility for my actions,” he said. “I am embarrassed and ashamed for what I did.”

[…]

Prosecutor Demian Ahn said Cosko’s actions amounted to “the largest data breach in Senate history.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/06/20/sweet-justice-dem-staffer-who-doxxed-gop-senators-during-kavanaugh-fight-is-going-to-jail-n2548662
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
lil' Jackson:

Great, bet he wouldn't be so smug if I got the choose the prison he went to. Got kin that visited all the state prisons last year locally (in state)... You don't want to go to a few of them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Soon he will have something to be angry about.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Soon he will have something to be angry about.

And it won't matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien