Author Topic: GOP hopes dim on reclaiming House  (Read 713 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP hopes dim on reclaiming House
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:20:40 pm »
By Scott Wong and Juliegrace Brufke - 06/19/19 08:11 PM EDT

The 2020 election is more than a year away, but some Republican lawmakers are pessimistic about their chances of winning back the House.

President Trump’s approval ratings in key swing states are under water. Infighting on the GOP leadership team and a notable retirement have raised questions about the party’s campaign strategy.

And Republicans acknowledge that many of the at-risk Democratic freshmen in Trump districts are going to be difficult to beat as they resist calls for impeachment and stay focused on kitchen-table issues such as health care and infrastructure.

“It’s going to be tough. [The Democrats] have really good majority-makers — [Reps.] Abigail Spanberger, Dean Phillips, Max Rose. They’ve got some good members that know what they’re doing. They seem to not be embracing the crazy,” said one senior GOP lawmaker who requested anonymity.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/449439-gop-hopes-dim-on-reclaiming-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP hopes dim on reclaiming House
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:22:10 pm »
Total tripe!  From beginning to end!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »
They seem to not be embracing the crazy,

WTF?  I have seen the face of crazy and the House Dims are that face.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:30:54 pm »
The propaganda is getting pretty easy to spot. The GOP may face an uphill fight due to the low number of retirements, or nature of the districts up for grabs, or whatever, but it will have nothing at all to do with the rejection of Trump's agenda and embrace of Pelosi's.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:35:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:21 pm »

No doubt that the final paragraph is an emergency request for money.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 02:32:33 pm »
What's the use?  Looks like the fix is in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 02:49:06 pm »

Agree!  But the drumbeat has begun and will continue until this same person questions how the polls could have been so wrong.   88devil

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 03:01:17 pm »
By Scott Wong and Juliegrace Brufke - 06/19/19 08:11 PM EDT

The 2020 election is more than a year away, but some Republican lawmakers are pessimistic about their chances of winning back the House.

@mystery-ak

Primarily the Bush Brigades of RINO's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 04:56:45 pm »
That might change after yesterday bs Reparations hearings.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 06:27:24 pm »
The propaganda is getting pretty easy to spot. The GOP may face an uphill fight due to the low number of retirements, or nature of the districts up for grabs, or whatever, but it will have nothing at all to do with the rejection of Trump's agenda and embrace of Pelosi's.

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »
The House was long controlled by the GOP previously and it was the Senate's faults some things didn't get pass.  I look forward to a vigorous challenge to retake the House, remember how they overturned healthcare etc. And what has the House done since the Democrats came into control? Little if anything.

The Dems taking the House is just a bump in the road, let's hope.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 07:00:13 pm »
The House was long controlled by the GOP previously and it was the Senate's faults some things didn't get pass.  I look forward to a vigorous challenge to retake the House, remember how they overturned healthcare etc. And what has the House done since the Democrats came into control? Little if anything.

The Dems taking the House is just a bump in the road, let's hope.

I think you're right. The Rats are hysterical because they are in such deep trouble. The only reason they took the House was because the Pubs didn't resolve immigration, or repeal obamacare, when they had the majority and an unusual high number of House Pubs retired.

Look at what the Rats are doing. They are accusing Trump of every evil they can think of, but he still seems to be gaining support among Blacks and Hispanics. If Trump doesn't win big and the Pubs along with him it makes no sense. The economy is good. Our enemies overseas are being confronted. Trade is being balanced. Manufacturing has been returning.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 01:28:23 am »
That might change after yesterday bs Reparations hearings.

Or AOC and her claims that only Nazi's oppose open borders.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 03:23:18 am »
I think you're right. The Rats are hysterical because they are in such deep trouble. The only reason they took the House was because the Pubs didn't resolve immigration, or repeal obamacare, when they had the majority and an unusual high number of House Pubs retired.

Look at what the Rats are doing. They are accusing Trump of every evil they can think of, but he still seems to be gaining support among Blacks and Hispanics. If Trump doesn't win big and the Pubs along with him it makes no sense. The economy is good. Our enemies overseas are being confronted. Trade is being balanced. Manufacturing has been returning.

None of what you wrote is true, but these are good times. :beer: