Author Topic: Calling Navy boat a 'murder boat' put DFL official in hot water  (Read 380 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The deputy communications director for the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party came under fire this week after he called the newly christened USS Minneapolis-St. Paul a “murder boat” on Twitter.

William Davis deleted the tweet after coming under criticism from a number of quarters, including elected officials, one of whom has a son in the Navy, and at least one veteran, to whom he apologized.

“I have nothing but respect for all the soldiers of our country, including the Navy which my Grandpa and 5 uncles served,” Davis tweeted Sunday morning, June 16. “It should go without saying that I was talking about a weapon of war that we continue pumping billions of dollars and manpower into.” He deleted the tweet at 4 a.m. Monday. He declined to comment beyond his tweets.

The tweet that set off the storm was Sunday in response to a tweet by a TV reporter showing a video of the warship’s dramatic Saturday launch in Marinette, Wis.

In a reply, Davis tweeted: “But actually, I think it’s gross they’re using the name of our fine cities for a murder boat.”

State Rep. Jim Nash, R-Waconia, who was at the launch and has a son in the Navy, took issue with those words.

“I was really offended and so was my son after he saw it on Twitter,” Nash said in an interview Monday. “We can disagree on a lot of things, but the very fact that we’re able to disagree in a free country is because of the men and women in our armed forces. The fact that he called this new ship a ‘murder boat’ says to any active duty members and veterans that they are murderers.”

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/government-and-politics/2712348-Calling-Navy-boat-a-murder-boat-put-DFL-official-in-hot-water?fbclid=IwAR3abYeCEx0j3jCCRvJdyRnIjJ6z8Qh1ddl6vaMJV-aHxm8qmuWv6rRO_FQ#.XQlrbP7NZDo.twitter
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Calling Navy boat a 'murder boat' put DFL official in hot water
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:13:34 pm »
Looks like he was removed from his position of Communications director for the DFL.

Probably a good move since he wasn't very good at "communicating"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:17:07 pm »
Looks like he was removed from his position of Communications director for the DFL.

I say he did a damn good job of communicating what all DFLers believe deep down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 03:38:51 pm »

@The Ghost

Seems to me he was doing an excellent job of stating their position. They are just mad because he said it in public.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 04:48:06 pm »
@The Ghost

Seems to me he was doing an excellent job of stating their position. They are just mad because he said it in public.

You do have a point there @sneakypete

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 06:07:39 pm »
@The Ghost

@sneakypete

That's one of the definitions of the word "gaffe."  "When a politician accidentally tells the truth."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:18:57 pm »

That's one of the definitions of the word "gaffe."  "When a politician accidentally tells the truth."

LOL!   Top Notchâ„¢

® to Frank Cannon.  Used with permission.