Author Topic: Wonder why the thread was renamed?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Wonder why the thread was renamed?
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:53:02 am »
Am trying to figure out where in this new thread title is Energy.

It is little about science and is mostly about the energy industry and business-related events(just look at past postings); shouldn't be in technology or knowledge either, although it encompasses both.

what's the deal with this change anyway?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:03:41 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mod1

Re: Wonder why the thread was renamed?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 03:17:02 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR that category is at: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,110.0.html

If you got to the Home page and scroll down about 1/3 of the way down to the page, to "Science, Technology and Knowledge", you will see the sub-boards: Technology, Energy, Space, Computers, History, Anthropology, Archaeology.

Ironically, the reorganization was to make subjects easier to find and to establish some cats that members have expressed an interest in seeing here.  Let us know what you think.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 04:25:15 am »
I'm all ears, @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer.  This arrangement is not cast in stone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 04:36:09 am »
I'm all ears, @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer.  This arrangement is not cast in stone.

I think you pinged the wrong guy, but this discussion did give me an idea.  In the box that has "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" it might be nice to have "Show new posts in subscribed topics" or something like that. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 04:45:50 am »
LOL!  @IsailedawayfromFR

In my defense I was just in The Lounge talking about a really great looking Bacon Explosion.  I lost my mind. rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 04:55:51 am »
I think you pinged the wrong guy, but this discussion did give me an idea.  In the box that has "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" it might be nice to have "Show new posts in subscribed topics" or something like that.

I'd like that too.  We've had a few requests for it.  You can set up a Category to send you an email whenever a new Topic is posted in that Cat, but the desire is to have it up there in the notification box, as you suggest.
I will NOT comply.