Author Topic: New state law makes stealing packages, mail a felony  (Read 560 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New state law makes stealing packages, mail a felony
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:15:29 am »
EL PASO, Texas (KDBC) 6/19/2019

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, signed House Bill 37, making it a felony to steal the mail and packages.

The bill, set to take effect Sept. 1, says any letter, postal card, package, bag or other sealed item addressed to an individual is considered “mail.”

Any individual who steals a listed item that has not been received by the person it was addressed to is violating the new law.

More: https://katv.com/news/nation-world/new-law-makes-stealing-packages-mail-a-felony

Offline dfwgator

Re: New state law makes stealing packages, mail a felony
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 03:22:44 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 06:44:16 am »
I thought it already was a felony to tamper with the/steal mail...all over the country (Federal level).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 11:28:28 am »
I thought it already was a felony to tamper with the/steal mail...all over the country (Federal level).

This includes items from private delivery services like UPS and FedEx.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer