Author Topic: Democratic leader: House will vote on reparations measure  (Read 402 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic leader: House will vote on reparations measure
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:37:03 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio
 | June 19, 2019 12:07 PM

A top Democrat said Wednesday the House will consider a bill that would develop a commission to study whether reparations should be provided to the descendants of slaves.

“I expect it will get a vote if it comes out of committee,” Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told reporters Wednesday. “I expect it to come out of committee.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., also expressed support for the measure Wednesday.

The bill would establish a commission to “study and develop reparations proposals for African Americans.”

Hoyer and Pelosi signaled support for the bill as the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on the measure featuring proponents and critics of the proposal.

Hoyer said the commission would examine “how we try to compensate for the extraordinary racism and denigration of so many people that then put them in a position where they were substantially disadvantaged in the competition for jobs, income, equity.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democratic-leader-house-will-vote-on-reparations-measure
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: Democratic leader: House will vote on reparations measure
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:40:31 pm »
LOL. Are the democrats trying to lose?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 04:42:17 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio
 | June 19, 2019 12:07 PM

A top Democrat said Wednesday the House will consider a bill that would develop a commission to study whether reparations should be provided to the descendants of slaves.

“I expect it will get a vote if it comes out of committee,” Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told reporters Wednesday. “I expect it to come out of committee.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., also expressed support for the measure Wednesday.

The bill would establish a commission to “study and develop reparations proposals for African Americans.”

Hoyer and Pelosi signaled support for the bill as the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on the measure featuring proponents and critics of the proposal.

Hoyer said the commission would examine “how we try to compensate for the extraordinary racism and denigration of so many people that then put them in a position where they were substantially disadvantaged in the competition for jobs, income, equity.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democratic-leader-house-will-vote-on-reparations-measure

We know that the House will pass this and IF the Senate doesn't pass this then they will look like racists.  DEMS know that Black unemployment is the lowest in history and the Trump administration has also looked into unfair Black imprisonment and that Trump could very well take the black vote this coming election.  This is such crap!

Does anyone truly believe that the DEMS are actually out to help the Blacks?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 04:51:34 pm »
We know that the House will pass this and IF the Senate doesn't pass this then they will look like racists.  DEMS know that Black unemployment is the lowest in history and the Trump administration has also looked into unfair Black imprisonment and that Trump could very well take the black vote this coming election.  This is such crap!

Does anyone truly believe that the DEMS are actually out to help the Blacks?

I disagree. I believe that blacks (and particularly, black women) despise Trump with the same intensity that they love Obama. They will never forgive Trump for birtherism.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 05:03:01 pm »
I disagree. I believe that blacks (and particularly, black women) despise Trump with the same intensity that they love Obama. They will never forgive Trump for birtherism.

Like Candice Owen, Silk and Spice? Melissa A? Do  you have anything backing up your view than just opinion?

What do blacks not like? Historic low rates of unemployment in their communities? Few BLM marches? I'm curious.

Is one stating they speak for the black community?  Black women?

Melissa A: https://twitter.com/TheRightMelissa

Dems have been doing little for blacks, Baltimore gets worse, Chicago, Detroit and so on. Chicago hasn't even been in the news that much anymore.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:05:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:05:36 pm »

Hmmmmm

Funny that you are posting right now after a long time.

:pondering:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:07:26 pm »
And for the record, Obama is an American and an African but one questions whether he is an African American per some news columnists, Barak "God Bless Planned Parenthood" Obama, while abortion has destroyed the black community and robbed them of many citizens while other minorities grow, Hispanics, now a larger community.

Blacks have been 12%, 13% of the population, with wide amnesties to illegal, their percentage of the American population could even drop below 10%. Great help from the Democrats, also, wanting to give jobs to undocumented aliens on the lower ends of the job market. Really helping out blacks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:19:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:59 pm »
Like Candice Owen, Silk and Spice? Melissa A? Do  you have anything backing up your view than just opinion?

What do blacks not like? Historic low rates of unemployment in their communities? Few BLM marches? I'm curious.

Dems have been doing little for blacks, Baltimore gets worse, Chicago, Detroit and so on. Chicago hasn't even been in the news that much anymore.

Diamond and Silk?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 05:30:41 pm »
And for the record, Obama is an American and an African but one questions whether he is an African American per some news columnists, Barak "God Bless Planned Parenthood" Obama, while abortion has destroyed the black community and robbed them of many citizens while other minorities grow, Hispanics, now a larger community.

Blacks have been 12%, 13% of the population, with wide amnesties to illegal, their percentage of the American population could even drop below 10%. Great help from the Democrats, also, wanting to give jobs to undocumented aliens on the lower ends of the job market. Really helping out blacks.

Also, Obama set race relations back at least 50 years.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 05:34:29 pm »

I don't disagree.
I'm still telling you that it's fools gold to believe Trump will make any kind of inroads with blacks.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 05:36:54 pm »

Hmmmmm

Funny that you are posting right now after a long time.

:pondering:

I've been busy.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 05:51:19 pm »
Anthony Johnson (b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan who achieved freedom in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia after serving his term of indenture. He became one of the first property owners and slaveholders of African birth there.

He was the first black indentured servant, the first free black, and the first to establish the first black community, first black landowner, first black slave owner, and the first person based on his court case to establish slavery legally in North America. One could argue that he was the founder of slavery in Virginia.

In 1654, he brought a case before Virginia courts in which he contested a suit launched by one of his indentured servants, a Negro who adopted the name of John Casor.

Johnson won the suit and retained Casor as his servant for life.

This officially made Johnson the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that would eventually become the United States.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 05:53:23 pm »
I don't disagree.
I'm still telling you that it's fools gold to believe Trump will make any kind of inroads with blacks.

He already has though per some polls, pretty good approval but those are just polls.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 06:10:57 pm »
If reparations are indeed paid out, anyone know of any good weed stocks to invest in?  :laugh: