Author Topic: Biden hails segregationists in old Senate: ‘At least there was some civility. We got things done’  (Read 348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden hails segregationists in old Senate: ‘At least there was some civility. We got things done’
by Toby Harnden
 | June 18, 2019 11:22 PM

Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential front-runner, singled out two notorious segregationists who were his party colleagues in the Senate in the 1970s as examples of politicians he could work with.

Speaking at his third New York fundraiser with wealthy donors on Tuesday, Biden talked about Senators James O. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” Biden, 76, said, according to a pool report, imitating the dead Southerner's drawl. “He never called me boy, he always called me son.”

He then brought up another segregationist Democrat, "a guy like Herman Talmadge, one of the meanest guys I ever knew, you go down the list of all these guys.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/biden-hails-segregationists-in-old-senate-at-least-there-was-some-civility-we-got-things-done
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

Remember what they did to Trent Lott for his comments during Strom Thurmond's 100th Birthday

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/09/lott.comment/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That Old Joe, he is a gaff a minute!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Ok ... so I don't think Uncle Joe is going to be the DEM nominee.  He's going to burn out his welcome and lead early on.  I'm still betting either Castro or Beto.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.