Author Topic: New York passes law granting driver’s licenses to illegal aliens, but vows to hide data from feds  (Read 356 times)

rangerrebew

Tuesday, June 18, 2019
New York passes law granting driver’s licenses to illegal aliens, but vows to hide data from feds

In a move that could greatly backfire on him, on Monday New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law a bill that grants illegal aliens the right to obtain a driver’s license. The move came shortly after the Democrat-led New York Senate approved the controversial measure 33-29.

“The vote ended months of uncertainty at the state Capitol, where Democratic lawmakers in marginal districts struggled with the controversial bill as legislative leaders weighed whether it had enough support to pass,” the Democrat and Chronicle reported.

Slated to take effect in 180 days, the bill will not only grant illegals access to drivers’ licenses but also allow them to apply for a license by using “foreign documents such as passports,” according to the Rochester newspaper.

http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/2019/06/new-york-passes-law-granting-drivers.html?m=1

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Feds should respond by NOT accepting NY State drivers license for any form of identification.  For example, the Dept of Treasury (via the FFIEC and Office of the Comptroller of Currency), under the Know Your Customer and Anti-money Laundering laws, should not recognize NY drivers license for banking or financial transactions.  This would in turn impact not only banking accounts but would further move to restrict credit cards, debit cards, etc.

Lots of other pain points that could be created to "convince" the good voters of NY State to overturn this law.

NY drivers license not accepted for:
- travel
- Banking
- Postal transactions
- Federal court
- Admission to Federal property / parks / buildings
- etc

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NY Driver's licenses are already not accepted for REAL ID purposes. Looks like they won't be accepted for much now except to drive.

Offline conservativevoter

I thought that a person could not obtain a driver's license unless they had insurance.  Who pays if an illegal causes a death by auto?  Me???

Offline thackney

They are not going to meet the requirements for Federal "Real ID".

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

I thought that a person could not obtain a driver's license unless they had insurance.  Who pays if an illegal causes a death by auto?  Me???

That should be for registering a car, not getting a driver's license.  You can get a driver's license and not even own a car.  What would you be insuring at that point?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer