Author Topic: Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package  (Read 2371 times)

Offline libertybele

Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:27:26 am »
??? This is pitiful! Only $1 billion for border operations but $3 billion to house illegals?? I thought Mexico was supposed to be housing them?? 

Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package

Senate Republicans and Democrats reached a deal on $4.6 billion in emergency funds to deal with a surge in migration at the U.S. border with Mexico, people familiar with the deal said Tuesday.

President Donald Trump requested the funds on May 1, including $3.3 billion to be used to shelter undocumented migrants at the southern border and $1.1 billion for border operations. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the Senate will vote on a border measure by the end of next week.

Because of squabbles over immigration policy, the border funding was left out of a $19.1 billion disaster aid package signed into law earlier this month.

Senate Appropriations Chairman Richard Shelby of Alabama and top Democrat Patrick Leahy of Vermont reached an agreement and plan to announce details before a committee vote on the bill tomorrow morning, the people said.

The House plans to vote on a separate border package next week, according to Representative Henry Cuellar, a Texas Democrat who has become a point person on the issue for Speaker Nancy Pelosi. If that plan differs from the Senate effort, the House and Senate could convene a conference committee to work out the differences.........

...........Democrats have sought to ensure that funds in the package wouldn’t be used to build Trump’s border wall or pay for raids on undocumented immigrants within the U.S.,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/senators-reach-bipartisan-deal-border-232630722.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 12:02:02 pm »
Senate Republicans are now weaker on the border than Obama was in 2014

..........Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are finally taking action. However, the action they are taking consists entirely of more humanitarian funding for the illegal aliens empowering cartels and smugglers, to the detriment of Americans. No changes to asylum, Flores, sanctuary cities, or judicial jurisdiction over immigration – the catalysts for this crisis – just funding for more diapers and formula.

Nobody wants to see this humanitarian crisis, but the best way to solve it is to shut it off...........

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/senate-republicans-now-weaker-border-obama-2014/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:03:02 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 12:12:42 pm »
Yes, I figured if it was a "bipartisan" deal, there had to be something wrong with it.  More humanitarian aid?  Give me a break!  Last thing we taxpayers need is to shell out for more "aid" to make the lives of these parasites easier.

Let's face it folks.  No one in DC -- Republican or Democrat -- really has any interest in shutting off this invasion.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 01:04:06 pm »
Meanwhile, according to conservative columnist Betsy McCaughey,  one in five American households live mostly or entirely off of government benefits,  and three-quarters of food stamp recipients with no kids to care for don't work, even part time.

Thank goodness for the immigrants who come here to fill the jobs indolent Americans won't.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 02:25:03 pm »
Yes, I figured if it was a "bipartisan" deal, there had to be something wrong with it.  More humanitarian aid?  Give me a break!  Last thing we taxpayers need is to shell out for more "aid" to make the lives of these parasites easier.

Let's face it folks.  No one in DC -- Republican or Democrat -- really has any interest in shutting off this invasion.

These people recieve alot when they come through refugee resettelment.  All of their medical care including surgeries.  Mental health care, and lots and lots more.

This really ticks me off.   3.3 billion for humanitarian.  That is either a long term humanitarian appropriation with the intent that people will continue to come in large numbers or these people are being treated like Kings and Queens when they come.

Mulvaney couldn't even fight for 4.6 billion to build the wall.  But were willing to spend 3.3 billion on diapers formula and resettlement for illegal immigrants.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 02:27:00 pm »
Meanwhile, according to conservative columnist Betsy McCaughey,  one in five American households live mostly or entirely off of government benefits,  and three-quarters of food stamp recipients with no kids to care for don't work, even part time.

Thank goodness for the immigrants who come here to fill the jobs indolent Americans won't.   

:bsflag:

Blatant lie.  Not what statistics show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:29:39 pm »

Couldn't quite tell if you were joking or not  -- American households that they are referring to are ILLEGALS that don't care to work!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 02:33:38 pm »

Thats quite an about face from 2013 Betsy - https://betsymccaughey.com/immigration-reform-becomes-a-welfare-welcome-wagon/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 02:42:26 pm »
Dems make U-turn on calling border a 'manufactured crisis'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/449214-dems-make-u-turn-on-calling-border-a-manufactured-crisis

U turn?  Definitely not the way I see it.  They are throwing $$ in order to house and care for ILLEGALS.  ILLEGALS that shouldn't be coming here in the first place.  Keep in mind that they want the illegals here as they represent future DEM votes.

They need to forgo the U-turn and do a complete 360 and give President Trump the money necessary to stop the influx, secure the border and build the dang wall!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 02:43:48 pm »
And I am not sure, but I think President Trump was pushing this.  (think I read it)  Does that make any sense?  He is saying he is going to round up millions.  But he is putting billions into them.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:44:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 02:52:21 pm »
And I am not sure, but I think President Trump was pushing this.  (think I read it)  Does that make any sense?  He is saying he is going to round up millions.  But he is putting billions into them.

Not so sure and no it doesn't make sense.  The first article states that the DEMS wanted to ensure that this $$ does not go towards raids and rounding them up.

IMHO McConnell caved and this is the sorry bipartisan deal that they came up with. It obviously doesn't do a darn thing to help secure the border, the only thing it does is thrown more $$ at the current situation.

McConnell has done a few things right under Trump, but his leadership continues to FAIL.  I shook my head when he was allowed to remain the Senate majority leader.  Same leader.  Same results.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 02:56:07 pm »

If it is "bipartisan" then it is overwhelmingly likely not good for America.

I believe that these are two different populations though:
- the people that will be deported have long been dispersed into the interior....  have deportations orders against them.... have skipped their court appointments...
- these dollars are intended to shore up the facilities at the border (from what I understand)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 03:12:17 pm »
Billions of dollars for diapers. Congress is really full of $hit.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
Couldn't quite tell if you were joking or not  -- American households that they are referring to are ILLEGALS that don't care to work!

The numbers are from a recent Betsy McCaughey column.    She doesn't say what percentage of the numbers represent illegals.   I'd guess it's rather small, because illegals can't qualify for most government benefits.

But I'm hardly joking when it comes to the laziness of too many Americans to work,  at least outside of the underground economy.    Blame it on welfare, blame it on culture, blame it on drugs,  I don't care.    What  employers need is workers.   And at this point,  that means we need more (legal) immigration.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 03:37:12 pm »

Ummm, @Jazzhead, you do realize that many of the households/individuals living off of the taxpayers are immigrants, some legal and many, many illegal?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 04:36:54 pm »

:beer: :rolling:  Post of the day perhaps!!!  You are absolutely correct.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 12:48:43 am »
The numbers are from a recent Betsy McCaughey column.    She doesn't say what percentage of the numbers represent illegals.   I'd guess it's rather small, because illegals can't qualify for most government benefits.

But I'm hardly joking when it comes to the laziness of too many Americans to work,  at least outside of the underground economy.    Blame it on welfare, blame it on culture, blame it on drugs,  I don't care.    What  employers need is workers.   And at this point,  that means we need more (legal) immigration.

Back again regurgitating the same old vomit about Americans being lazy and not wanting jobs.  Your probably the hiring manager somewhere who has a thing for Hispanic women.  Nothing you say ever is grounded in truth.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/12/census-data-reveals-that-majority-of-illegal-immigrants-are-on-welfare/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 12:51:57 am »

Literally.  That's a lot of $hit!  I couldn't figure that out.  Maybe they are sending money to Cartel?  I don't know.  But something doesn't add up.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 12:53:43 am »

Back again regurgitating the same old vomit about Americans being lazy and not wanting jobs.  Your probably the hiring manager somewhere who has a thing for Hispanic women.  Nothing you say ever is grounded in truth.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/12/census-data-reveals-that-majority-of-illegal-immigrants-are-on-welfare/

@Jazzhead, you're just not being honest here.  I provided you with data and links to said data that clearly disproves your statement.  You continue to peddle the same old untrue stuff.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 01:23:46 pm »

Back again regurgitating the same old vomit about Americans being lazy and not wanting jobs. 

Not my vomit.  Betsy McCaughey's.  A conservative.

Again, she writes that three-quarters of able-bodied adults on food stamps,  without kids to raise,  are not working, even part time.   This, in the midst of a booming economy.   

Damn right there are too many lazy Americans.   Damn right we need more (legal) immigration to fill the (legal) jobs Americans won't do.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 01:55:34 pm »
Not my vomit.  Betsy McCaughey's.  A conservative.

Again, she writes that three-quarters of able-bodied adults on food stamps,  without kids to raise,  are not working, even part time.   This, in the midst of a booming economy.   

Damn right there are too many lazy Americans.   Damn right we need more (legal) immigration to fill the (legal) jobs Americans won't do.

Untrue, @Jazzhead.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 02:14:42 pm »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 02:22:21 pm »
Untrue, @Jazzhead.

To what are you referring?    Here's the column by Betsy McCaughey which included the statement that appears to have inflamed you:    Dems' Agenda: Kill Jobs, Pander to Freeloaders

One in every 5 American households already lives entirely or mostly off government benefits. A shocking three-quarters of able-bodied food stamp recipients with no children to care for still don't work, even part time.

Perhaps what I decry as American laziness is actually a rational reaction to the siren song of free stuff.   

But no matter.  Employers need workers, folks.   If able-bodied Americans won't fill them,  then three cheers to the immigrants who will.   

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:26:48 pm by Jazzhead »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien