Author Topic: Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Senators Reach Bipartisan Deal on a Border Funding Package
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:32 pm »
To what are you referring?    Here's the column by Betsy McCaughey which included the statement that appears to have inflamed you:    Dems' Agenda: Kill Jobs, Pander to Freeloaders

Perhaps what I decry as American laziness is actually a rational reaction to the siren song of free stuff.   

But no matter.  Employers need workers, folks.   If able-bodied Americans won't fill them,  then three cheers to the immigrants who will.   

I'm talking about the actual data, which shows a radically different story than the one you keep pushing.  One editorial does not change that. But, you know what I'm talking about.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 02:41:27 pm »
ff.   

But no matter.  Employers need workers, folks.   If able-bodied Americans won't fill them,  then three cheers to the immigrants who will.   

Pay higher wages, attract more/better workers, encourage more people to enter the field.

Anyway, immigrants are more necessary when the labor market is tight.  But it isn't always going to be tight, and when it loosens, the presence of too many immigrants will depress wages for everyone else.  The result of that is the left screaming for government mandates like the "living wage", because a too-loose immigration policy has flooded the supply of labor, and depressed wages.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »
Pay higher wages, attract more/better workers, encourage more people to enter the field.

Anyway, immigrants are more necessary when the labor market is tight.  But it isn't always going to be tight, and when it loosens, the presence of too many immigrants will depress wages for everyone else.  The result of that is the left screaming for government mandates like the "living wage", because a too-loose immigration policy has flooded the supply of labor, and depressed wages.

We don't have a too-loose immigration policy.  We have too many illegal immigrants,  who work under the table or otherwise for employers who accept their false credentials without scrutiny. 

If the labor supply has been flooded,  what about recent reports indicating that employers are posting more job openings than there are able-bodied Americans willing to fill them?    A big problem is the lagging labor force participation rate  -   too many Americans still prefer to remain on the sidelines or join the illegals in the underground economy,.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 05:33:58 pm »
To what are you referring?    Here's the column by Betsy McCaughey which included the statement that appears to have inflamed you:    Dems' Agenda: Kill Jobs, Pander to Freeloaders

Perhaps what I decry as American laziness is actually a rational reaction to the siren song of free stuff.   

Thanks for the link.  As I suspected, the "jobs Americans won't do" liberal talking point was your editorializing, not an honest reporting of what Betsey actually wrote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 05:40:51 pm »
Thanks for the link.  As I suspected, the "jobs Americans won't do" liberal talking point was your editorializing, not an honest reporting of what Betsey actually wrote.

I cited Betsy for the factoid about most Americans on food stamps who are both able-bodied and have no kids to mind,  but who still don't work. 

Yes,  I call that indolence.  What do you call it?    And more to the point,  why should an employer seek to hire such Americans when there's an immigrant who'll jump through hoops to work?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 05:45:28 pm »
I cited Betsy for the factoid about most Americans on food stamps who are both able-bodied and have no kids to mind,  but who still don't work. 

Yes,  I call that indolence.  What do you call it?    And more to the point,  why should an employer seek to hire such Americans when there's an immigrant who'll jump through hoops to work?   

Did you miss the post to you that a lot of what you call "indolent Americans" are actually immigrants?  You would have been on much firmer standing if you had said "indolent welfare recipients."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 06:08:09 pm »
Did you miss the post to you that a lot of what you call "indolent Americans" are actually immigrants?  You would have been on much firmer standing if you had said "indolent welfare recipients."

Undocumented (that is, illegal)  immigrants are not eligible to receive food stamps.  (Such households can receive assistance for their U.S. citizen children if they meet the income requirements.)

No the indolent folks I (and Betsy) are speaking of are lazy, sit-on-their asses AMERICANS.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 06:28:28 pm »
Undocumented (that is, illegal)  immigrants are not eligible to receive food stamps.  (Such households can receive assistance for their U.S. citizen children if they meet the income requirements.)

No the indolent folks I (and Betsy) are speaking of are lazy, sit-on-their asses AMERICANS.   

Well stated, Senator McStain.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 07:14:06 pm »

OK, illegal move of the goal posts.  We aren't talking about only food stamps, and there are many who break the law and receive assistance even when they are not eligible.   Just stop it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2019, 07:29:43 pm »
OK, illegal move of the goal posts.  We aren't talking about only food stamps, and there are many who break the law and receive assistance even when they are not eligible.   Just stop it.

I've heard illegal aliens aren't allowed to vote.  :happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2019, 07:34:52 pm »

And there are too many lazy Americans who sit on their asses and collect government benefits in the midst of an economic boom.   Bottom line - if I'm an employer,  I would have little hesitation in hiring an immigrant who crossed mountains and rivers rather than sit on his ass.   .   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:31 pm »
I've heard illegal aliens aren't allowed to vote.  :happyhappy:

You too, huh?    9999hair out0000

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2019, 07:43:29 pm »
And there are too many lazy Americans who sit on their asses and collect government benefits in the midst of an economic boom.   Bottom line - if I'm an employer,  I would have little hesitation in hiring an immigrant who crossed mountains and rivers rather than sit on his ass.   .

Maybe you might hesitate a little if the Federal government started enforcing the law that says hiring illegals is a crime? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2019, 07:58:02 pm »

In spite of all the evidence that many immigrants are sitting on their asses and collecting government benefits too. Got it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2019, 12:39:56 am »

I read your link.  It didn't say who the people were in American homes.  Maybe this will set you straight.

Excerpt:

Legal And Illegal Immigrants Are On Welfare

In analyzing new Census reports, the Center for Immigration Studies found that immigrant families with one or more children use welfare far more than American families.

“Welfare use by illegal immigrant households is certainly a concern, but the bigger issue is welfare use by legal immigrants,” said Steven Camarota, the Center’s director of research and author of the report.

“Three-fourths of immigrant households using welfare are headed by legal immigrants. Legal immigration is supposed to benefit the country, yet so many legal immigrants are not able to support themselves or their children. This raises important questions about the selection criteria used for legal immigration,” said Camarota.

The report highlights the economics of immigration, especially illegal immigration, and comes as Syrian refugees are seeking to settle in European nations that provide rich welfare benefits. The report also suggests that America is attracting poor and uneducated immigrants. “Low levels of education — not legal status — are the main reason immigrant welfare use is high,” said the Center’s preview of their report.

It shows that legal immigrant households make extensive use of welfare, while illegal immigrant households primarily benefit from food stamps and Medicaid because of their US born children, known as anchor babies.

According to the report, “Households headed by legal immigrants have statistically significant higher use of welfare than American households overall, and for cash and food programs as well as Medicaid. This is the case a decade and a half after the 1996 welfare reform law, which was supposed to greatly limit immigrant access to the welfare system.”

It added: “If one assumes that legal immigration is supposed to benefit the country, then immigrants allowed into the country should have much lower rates of welfare use than natives. However, our best estimate is that nearly half (49 percent) of households headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2012.”

http://intelligentuspolitics.com/87-percent-of-illegal-immigrants-are-on-welfare/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:56:46 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 01:08:24 am »

I read your link.  It didn't say who the people were in American homes.  Maybe this will set you straight.

Excerpt:

Legal And Illegal Immigrants Are On Welfare

In analyzing new Census reports, the Center for Immigration Studies found that immigrant families with one or more children use welfare far more than American families.

“Welfare use by illegal immigrant households is certainly a concern, but the bigger issue is welfare use by legal immigrants,” said Steven Camarota, the Center’s director of research and author of the report.

“Three-fourths of immigrant households using welfare are headed by legal immigrants. Legal immigration is supposed to benefit the country, yet so many legal immigrants are not able to support themselves or their children. This raises important questions about the selection criteria used for legal immigration,” said Camarota.

The report highlights the economics of immigration, especially illegal immigration, and comes as Syrian refugees are seeking to settle in European nations that provide rich welfare benefits. The report also suggests that America is attracting poor and uneducated immigrants. “Low levels of education — not legal status — are the main reason immigrant welfare use is high,” said the Center’s preview of their report.

It shows that legal immigrant households make extensive use of welfare, while illegal immigrant households primarily benefit from food stamps and Medicaid because of their US born children, known as anchor babies.

According to the report, “Households headed by legal immigrants have statistically significant higher use of welfare than American households overall, and for cash and food programs as well as Medicaid. This is the case a decade and a half after the 1996 welfare reform law, which was supposed to greatly limit immigrant access to the welfare system.”

It added: “If one assumes that legal immigration is supposed to benefit the country, then immigrants allowed into the country should have much lower rates of welfare use than natives. However, our best estimate is that nearly half (49 percent) of households headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2012.”

http://intelligentuspolitics.com/87-percent-of-illegal-immigrants-are-on-welfare/

Some refuse to acknowledge facts and only believe what they want to see.

With this Congress; the Senate reaching a bipartisan deal on border funding is a complete joke.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 01:13:34 am »
Some refuse to acknowledge facts and only believe what they want to see.

With this Congress; the Senate reaching a bipartisan deal on border funding is a complete joke.

It will be a real laugh riot when it goes to conference committee with the piece of crap that the House is working on!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:16:09 am by EdJames »

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 01:29:05 am »
   I had mistakenly thought that this bill had already been passed and signed into Law.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.