Author Topic: Trump Jr. mocks Biden for saying he plans to cure cancer as president: 'Why the hell didn't you do t  (Read 1897 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Jr. mocks Biden for saying he plans to cure cancer as president: 'Why the hell didn't you do that' before?
By Marina Pitofsky - 06/18/19 08:46 PM EDT

Trump Jr. mocks Biden for saying he plans to cure cancer as president: 'Why the hell didn't you do that' before?
© Aaron Schwartz

Donald Trump Jr. slammed 2020 candidate Joe Biden (D) on Tuesday for announcing last week that he wants his presidential administration to cure cancer.

Addressing the crowd at President Trump’s 2020 campaign kickoff rally in Orlando, Fla., the president's eldest son called out Biden for his decades in Washington as a lawmaker and as vice president, questioning why he had not pushed to find a cure before.

“What was the good one last week? Remember Joe Biden comes out? 'Well, if you elect me president, I’m going to cure cancer,'” Trump said. “Wow, why the hell didn’t you do that over the last 50 years, Joe?”
ADVERTISEMENT

Curing the disease has been a priority for Biden since his son, Beau, died in 2015 following a battle with brain cancer.

“I’ve worked so hard in my career that I promise you, if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America: We’re going to cure cancer," Biden said last week while on the campaign trail in Iowa.

Biden oversaw the “Cancer Moonshot” when he served in the Obama administration. Its stated goal was “To make a decade’s worth of advances in cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, in five years.”

Biden has also overseen the Biden Cancer initiative, but he stepped down after announcing his presidential campaign.

The former vice president has been leading polls of the crowded Democratic presidential field as he seeks to win his party's nomination to take on Trump in 2020.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/449228-trump-jr-mocks-biden-for-saying-he-plans-to-cure-cancer-as
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

By Marina Pitofsky - 06/18/19 08:46 PM EDT

© Aaron Schwartz

Donald Trump Jr. slammed 2020 candidate Joe Biden (D) on Tuesday for announcing last week that he wants his presidential administration to cure cancer.

Addressing the crowd at President Trump’s 2020 campaign kickoff rally in Orlando, Fla., the president's eldest son called out Biden for his decades in Washington as a lawmaker and as vice president, questioning why he had not pushed to find a cure before.

“What was the good one last week? Remember Joe Biden comes out? 'Well, if you elect me president, I’m going to cure cancer,'” Trump said. “Wow, why the hell didn’t you do that over the last 50 years, Joe?”ADVERTISEMENT

Curing the disease has been a priority for Biden since his son, Beau, died in 2015 following a battle with brain cancer.

“I’ve worked so hard in my career that I promise you, if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America: We’re going to cure cancer," Biden said last week while on the campaign trail in Iowa.

Biden oversaw the “Cancer Moonshot” when he served in the Obama administration. Its stated goal was “To make a decade’s worth of advances in cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, in five years.”

Biden has also overseen the Biden Cancer initiative, but he stepped down after announcing his presidential campaign.

The former vice president has been leading polls of the crowded Democratic presidential field as he seeks to win his party's nomination to take on Trump in 2020.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/449228-trump-jr-mocks-biden-for-saying-he-plans-to-cure-cancer-as

This IMHO was uncalled for and a low blow; Biden's son died from cancer and I see this as a very sensitive subject and should be off limits from mockery.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This IMHO was uncalled for and a low blow; Biden's son died from cancer and I see this as a very sensitive subject and should be off limits from mockery.
Well, you have to understand:

Now that the re-election campaign has kicked off, we've gone from the modestly restrained Presidency Trump of the past 2½ years back to Campaign Trump, the callous, obnoxious <expletive>. We're going to see a lot more of this classless trash talk over the next year and a half, picking needless fights and insulting everyone around him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Well, you have to understand:

Now that the re-election campaign has kicked off, we've gone from the modestly restrained Presidency Trump of the past 2½ years back to Campaign Trump, the callous, obnoxious <expletive>. We're going to see a lot more of this classless trash talk over the next year and a half, picking needless fights and insulting everyone around him.

??? It wasn't our POTUS that slung the mud, but his son.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Buckle up, @libertybele

Thank God, that ship has sailed.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Shhh...... he's on a roll.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Buckle up, @libertybele

Thank God, that ship has sailed.

Ya, I know ... those days are over, BUT, I would like to see our POTUS  hold back a little maintaining the dignity and respect of the presidency and setting a good example, while Uncle Joe and the other liberal mental midgets make complete azzzes out of themselves.  He can rise above it all IF he wants to.  I know, that's a big IF.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They're all connected, obviously. A campaign is not one person.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They have a cure for cancer.

Ain't no money in it.

Italian researchers found a way several years ago to pull the mask off from cancer cells and then a person's immune system would kill it.

Look up cadherin-22.

I doubt the article detailing that they had found a way to deal with that protein is available now. I ain't gonna look.

Ain't no money in a cure.

Yo, Joe, you stooopid f***,  there are 150 million shotguns pointed at you and your mouth.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:12:33 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
As far as I can tell, Trump Jr. didn't say a word about Biden's son.  He - quite properly - mocked Biden himself for making a transparantly ridiculous campaign promise that he'll never be able to keep.

I'm glad he said it, and I hope that is symptomatic of a campaign that won't let the Dems get away with their typical schtick of promising voters free/impossible stuff they'll never be able to deliver.

Or should Republicans just let people believe that we don't dispute Biden's claim that he'll cure cancer?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:16:36 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Shhh...... he's on a roll.    :laugh:
Kimmelweck, to be specific.  ****drummer

Offline Applewood

Like father, like son, I guess. 

And I don't care which one said it or whether Biden's son was mentioned -- it was a rotten thing to say.  By the way, while such nasty rhetoric might wow Trump's fans, voters like me don't want to hear candidates insulting each other.  I want to hear what the candidates are going to do about the issues this country faces. 

Oh, and if we want to talk about unfulfilled campaign promises -- what about the ones Trump made in 2016 which he did not deliver on?

Online DCPatriot

Kimmelweck, to be specific.  ****drummer

@jmyrlefuller

What the hell?  What do you know about "Kimmelweck"?   :laugh:

Roast beef sandwich on Kimmelweck is a Buffalo, NY favorite.  You'd think Wegman's would carry them, being headquartered in Rochester, NY. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I want to hear what the candidates are going to do about the issues this country faces.

Like "I'm going to cure cancer".  Great.  Maybe Trump should promise to develop a faster than light space ship to colonize new worlds.  And of course, you'd oppose anyone mocking him for saying something so ridiculous....

Great campaign you envision there.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That train left the station the moment Daddy made it a campaign issue.  No campaign issues should be off the table.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
When you are dealing with POS skunk like biteme, nothing is off limits.

That bastard needs to be destroyed.

Offline Rivergirl

Sad to see folks defending that other stable genius, DTJr.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's sad to see people willing to give Rats a pass for saying stupid stuff. :shrug:

No more fighting with one arm tied behind our backs!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Sad to see folks defending that other stable genius, DTJr.

He's the world's oldest teenager. Does he have any identity or accomplishments of his own?
- has Daddy's name,
- attended Daddy's college (thanks to Daddy's timely generous donation to Penn),
- committed adultery like Daddy,   
- got divorced while having young children like Daddy,
- employed by Daddy's company,
- worked on Daddy's TV show,
- now making political speeches because of Daddy,
- contemplating a future in politics--like Daddy.

Bemusing.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Applewood

When you are dealing with POS skunk like biteme, nothing is off limits.

That bastard needs to be destroyed.

That attitude might wow Trump fans, but it's not what most non-fans want to hear.  What's with Trump and his fans that everyone opposed to him is an enemy to be annihilated?  I guess since I'm not a Trump fan, I have to be destroyed too?  WTH?

If I had cancer, I would probably want the candidate who might offer hope in finding a cure.  I wouldn't want the guy who calls his opponent names for promising a cure.  Does Trump have anything to offer relevant to curing cancer?  Seems to me all he has are  childish insults. 

Offline Applewood

It's sad to see people willing to give Rats a pass for saying stupid stuff. :shrug:

No more fighting with one arm tied behind our backs!

To me it's sad Trump fans are ok with Trump saying and doing stupid stuff too. 

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
That attitude might wow Trump fans, but it's not what most non-fans want to hear.  What's with Trump and his fans that everyone opposed to him is an enemy to be annihilated?  I guess since I'm not a Trump fan, I have to be destroyed too?  WTH?

If I had cancer, I would probably want the candidate who might offer hope in finding a cure.  I wouldn't want the guy who calls his opponent names for promising a cure.  Does Trump have anything to offer relevant to curing cancer?  Seems to me all he has are  childish insults.

:bigsilly:

Offline Applewood

Well, I'm glad my post amused you @EdJames

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well, Jr is also the idiot who invited Russians into Trump Tower and thinks his father is the most mistreated person in US history.

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr

He’s right.

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1140422777217978370 …

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT

"There's never been a time in the history of our country where somebody was so mistreated as I have been," Trump tells @GStephanopoulos

7:37 AM - Jun 17, 2019

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To me it's sad Trump fans are ok with Trump saying and doing stupid stuff too.

The Trumps deservedly get push-back when they say stupid stuff, while the Republicans aren't supposed to do the same with Rats?  That's what I call fighting with one arm tied back.

No.

ETA:  I'm neither a "Trump fan" nor a "Trump detractor."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:12:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.