Author Topic: Trump Jr. mocks Biden for saying he plans to cure cancer as president: 'Why the hell didn't you do t  (Read 1902 times)

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Well, Jr is also the idiot who invited Russians into Trump Tower and thinks his father is the most mistreated person in US history.

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr

He’s right.

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1140422777217978370 …

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT

"There's never been a time in the history of our country where somebody was so mistreated as I have been," Trump tells @GStephanopoulos

7:37 AM - Jun 17, 2019

Didn't conservatives used to mock such perpetual victimhood? "Toughen up, buttercup," and whatnot?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Didn't conservatives used to mock such perpetual victimhood? "Toughen up, buttercup," and whatnot?

I think everybody needs to "toughen up."  That includes Republicans as well as Rats.  Same rules, level field.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

If I had cancer, I would probably want the candidate who might offer hope in finding a cure.  I wouldn't want the guy who calls his opponent names for promising a cure.  Does Trump have anything to offer relevant to curing cancer?  Seems to me all he has are  childish insults.

Damn -- this is Exhibit A for why Jr. needed to say exactly what he said -- to try to slap some sense into people who think such a worthless promise has any value.

1) It isn't the job of the President to cure cancer, and it isn't within his power to do so.  Cancer is an incredibly complex disease, and whatever cures are found are going to largely be specific to certain types.  He's deliberately offering false hope to capitalize on the fear cancer strikes into people.  He knows he can't cure it, but he's promising it anyway.

2) Jr.'s response was perfect because it spotlighted how we all know it's a worthless promise.  "Hey Joe, if you know how to go about curing cancer, why didn't you bring this up at some prior point in the last half century you've been in politics?"  There is no conceivable response to that question that doesn't expose Biden as a fraud. 

He was freaking Vice-President for 8 years, and by my recollection, he didn't accomplish a damn thing.  He didn't even have a pet cause he advanced as First Ladies do.  So why didn't he  spring his "I'm going to cure cancer" plan on everyone then?  Again, no possible answer that doesn't expose him as the lying fraud he's always been.  The guy who'll say whatever he thinks people want to hear so everyone will like him, and hopefully not look too closely behind that smile.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

A slight difference you seem to be overlooking.

Conservatives tell people who perpetually whine about their hurt feelings to toughen up.

The attacks on Trump aren't about "hurt feelings".  They have been part of a coordinated effort to try to cripple his legal and practical authority as President via bogus court actions, a political witch hunt using the power of federal agencies, legal intimidation of and threats made to anyone who supports him politically, etc..  It's essentially trying to overturn an election.

So again...not just hurt feeling.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I had cancer, I would probably want the candidate who might offer hope in finding a cure.  I wouldn't want the guy who calls his opponent names for promising a cure.  Does Trump have anything to offer relevant to curing cancer?  Seems to me all he has are  childish insults.

I don't know if you watched Trump's speech last night, but curing cancer, along with AIDS and other diseases was in his list of things he wants done.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

Damn -- this is Exhibit A for why Jr. needed to say exactly what he said -- to try to slap some sense into people who think such a worthless promise has any value.

1) It isn't the job of the President to cure cancer, and it isn't within his power to do so.  Cancer is an incredibly complex disease, and whatever cures are found are going to largely be specific to certain types.  He's deliberately offering false hope to capitalize on the fear cancer strikes into people.  He knows he can't cure it, but he's promising it anyway.

2) Jr.'s response was perfect because it spotlighted how we all know it's a worthless promise.  "Hey Joe, if you know how to go about curing cancer, why didn't you bring this up at some prior point in the last half century you've been in politics?"  There is no conceivable response to that question that doesn't expose Biden as a fraud. 

He was freaking Vice-President for 8 years, and by my recollection, he didn't accomplish a damn thing.  He didn't even have a pet cause he advanced as First Ladies do.  So why didn't he  spring his "I'm going to cure cancer" plan on everyone then?  Again, no possible answer that doesn't expose him as the lying fraud he's always been.  The guy who'll say whatever he thinks people want to hear so everyone will like him, and hopefully not look too closely behind that smile.

Well said @Maj. Bill Martin

Asking why Biden hadn't done so until now is a legitimate question, which, as you have pointed out, he cannot cure cancer anyway.

Offline Applewood

I don't know if you watched Trump's speech last night, but curing cancer, along with AIDS and other diseases was in his list of things he wants done.

Stopped watching presidential drivel when Obama came to power.  If Trump said those things, then great!  But I wish he and Junior just stopped there, rather than try to "destroy" Biden. 

Offline berdie

Well said @Maj. Bill Martin

Asking why Biden hadn't done so until now is a legitimate question, which, as you have pointed out, he cannot cure cancer anyway.

It is a legitimate question. Why hold out hope to people when you really don't have an answer? Biden may want to...but it's way too complicated .

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Stopped watching presidential drivel when Obama came to power.  If Trump said those things, then great!  But I wish he and Junior just stopped there, rather than try to "destroy" Biden.

Look, you need to embrace reality.  Whether you like it or not, in the 2020 election either of two things are going to happen:

1.  Trump will DESTROY Biden or whichever other piece of garbage the Dems put up against him, or,
2.  Biden or whichever other piece of garbage the Dems put up against him will DESTROY Trump.

That is how it works now, like it or not.

I don't know about you, but I prefer seeing Trump DESTROY Biden or whichever other piece of garbage the Dems put up against him.

There are many things that bother me about Trump, that is why I am a (Certified) TrumpRealist and not an AlwaysTrumper, but it isn't even close as to which outcome I want to see in 2020.

(BTW: I'm no fan of Trump, Jr., but he was spot on in attacking that filthy piece of trash for the very reasons that Major Bill pointed out above.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:27:16 pm by EdJames »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley