Author Topic: Poll: Six Dems lead Trump in Florida matchups  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Six Dems lead Trump in Florida matchups
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »
Poll: Six Dems lead Trump in Florida matchups
By Max Greenwood - 06/18/19 02:59 PM EDT

Six Democratic presidential hopefuls are leading President Trump in Florida, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released on Tuesday.

Former Vice President Joe Biden carried the biggest lead over Trump, taking 50 percent support in the state to Trump’s 41 percent. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) also beats Trump in a hypothetical matchup, 48 percent to 42 percent.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) carries a 4-point lead over Trump in Florida, while both Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) and South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg are outdoing the president by 1 point each.

The poll results were released hours before Trump is expected to formally launch his 2020 reelection campaign with a rally in Orlando.

The findings suggest that the president may face a tougher time than expected as looks to shore up support in the Sunshine State. He won Florida in 2016 by roughly 1 point, and his campaign is expected to invest heavily in the state in 2020.

At the same time, Trump owns several properties in Florida, including Mar-a-Lago, a lavish private club in West Palm Beach that the president has traveled to frequently since entering the White House.

According to the Quinnipiac survey, most Floridia voters – 54 percent – say they are better off financially today than they were in 2016, while only 23 percent say they are worse off.

The Quinnipiac poll surveyed 1,279 Florida voters from June 12-17. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/449144-poll-six-dems-lead-trump-in-florida-matchups
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Poll: Six Dems lead Trump in Florida matchups
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 07:11:05 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 07:12:38 pm »
Someone called me.  I hung up before I thought, "damn I should have told them Biden was my man".

Next time. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 07:14:04 pm »
Someone called me.  I hung up before I thought, "damn I should have told them Biden was my man".

Next time.

LOL....I did that with Bush/Gore.....
Support the USO

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 07:14:16 pm »
I'm sure that Trump is shaking in his boots over this "news!"

:silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 07:33:04 pm »
LOL....I did that with Bush/Gore.....

LOL

Good for you!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 07:46:48 pm »
I'm sure that Trump is shaking in his boots over this "news!"

If he's not, he should be.    But I don't think he wants a second term.   I think he just wants to go down fighting, so he can claim to be the victim of the most vicious media in American history.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 08:26:29 pm »
We've seen how worthless polls are. I heard some pollster on talk radio saying that "adults" are being polled, not even registered voters or likely voters. And the polls skew too far to mobile phones, getting too large a sample of millennials. It is very expensive to get lists of likely voters and time-consuming to call them.

Looking at the YUGE crowds in Orlando, with 85,000 requests for tickets for Trump's launch, with people traveling from all over the country to attend, waiting in line for two nights and getting soaked by rain and comparing it to 85 dimwits showing up for Biden, I just chuckle at the polls.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 08:28:01 pm »
Trump is polling higher than Reagan did at the same point in his presidency. If Trump is worried about re-election, he certainly wouldn’t let on. Rather, I think he’d just work harder to make it happen. That’s the kind of guy he is—a winner.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 08:32:27 pm »
If he's not, he should be.    But I don't think he wants a second term.   I think he just wants to go down fighting, so he can claim to be the victim of the most vicious media in American history.

Why should he be concerned right now?  This is nothing more than the DEMS trying to excite their base. Are we to take a poll nearly 18 months before the election seriously? To me what is more revealing and honest is the turn out at campaign. In FL Trump was able to already get a substantial crowd going for his campaign announcement; people waited in the heat for nearly 40 hours.  Last I read, tickets given were around 100,000. Not too shabby.

As for him not wanting a second term, I don't think he'd be having a kick off rally. 

The problem I see, is if he wins again, the DEMS will totally lose it and will be even more out of control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »

Before I jump all over this post @Jazzhead   â€¦ I have to ask:  Are you serious or just yanking Briefer chains?