Author Topic: Trump says Shanahan out as Defense secretary nominee  (Read 137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Shanahan out as Defense secretary nominee
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:02:36 pm »
Trump says Shanahan out as Defense secretary nominee
By Rebecca Kheel and Jordan Fabian - 06/18/19 01:04 PM EDT

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan has withdrawn from consideration to lead the Pentagon on a permanent basis, President Trump announced Tuesday.

Trump said in a pair of tweets that Shanahan wanted to “devote more time to his family.” The messages were posted shortly after the publication of multiple media reports describing past domestic violence incidents involving Shanahan’s family.

“Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan, who has done a wonderful job, has decided not to go forward with his confirmation process so that he can devote more time to his family,” Trump tweeted.

Shanahan said in a statement that going forward with the confirmation process “would force my three children to relive a traumatic chapter in our family’s life and reopen wounds we have worked years to heal.”

“I would welcome the opportunity to be secretary of Defense, but not at the expense of being a good father,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/449104-trump-says-shanahan-out-as-defense-secretary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump says Shanahan out as Defense secretary nominee
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:08 pm »
The president said he would name Mark Esper, who currently serves as secretary of the Army, as the new acting Defense chief.

Poor Steve Calk.....he was so close.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.