Author Topic: FBI Director Wray Not Cooperating With AG Barr’s Investigation  (Read 1327 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: FBI Director Wray Not Cooperating With AG Barr’s Investigation
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 08:19:14 pm »
Trump failed to terminate Comey in a timely manner.  I would have booted him out day one!

He brought Wray in, and he has proven to be a weak sister, and should have been fired within 90 days of being hired.

I say eliminate the FBI, everyone above firstline supervisor, and merge the FBI into Homeland.  Too many agencies in the federal government, and Trump has done nothing to reduce spending.

Efrem Zimbalist Jr., is spinning in his grave.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:08 pm »
At the end of the day, few "republicans" live up to the small, less costly government narrative.

Both Reagan and Trump have failed to reduce the size, scope and cost of government; in part because they increased military spending, and cut taxes.
The military spending hikes didn't help, but the lack of real spending cuts elsewhere around the government---as opposed to the old trick (and they still play it now) of calling for lesser spending increases and calling that spending "cuts"---is probably the bigger culprit. Nobody in their right mind would oppose tax cuts, of course (certainly not I), while those in their left minds would, but without concurrent real spending cuts (and with other tomfoolery such as President Tweety's trade wars) you end up saying, sadly and soon enough, they were nice tax cuts while they lasted.

There are only a few hundred key political appointees, yet tens of thousands of highly partisan career bureaucrats.

Should a real conservative ever be elected (not likely), he will  need to learn this lesson again.
Once upon a time, the libertarian bellettrist Frank Chodorov said, "How to get rid of the Communists in government? Easy. Just abolish the jobs."

And since a wisecrack George F. Will made in 1978 remains true enough today (Today's conservative has reached into his heart of hearts, prayed hard, and decided it was high time that the government cut his neighbour's benefits), I, like you, am afraid that abolishing the jobs is anything but easy for even the most committed rightward politicians in Congress or the White House.

I still remember the real reason Newt Gingrich began blowing his cred in the late 1990s: nothing to do with impeaching Droopy Drawers Clinton and everything to do with calling for budgets and for other bills that were even more bloated than anything Droopy Drawers himself was asking for by then. In 1998, in fact, Newtie and the Blowfish's strong-arming attempt to bring the rest of the Republican't house into line on one of those bloated budgets provoked a group of House Republican'ts to oppose it loudly, go home and campaign loudly on that opposition and why they voted against it . . . and those were the only GOP incumbents who didn't lose their seats that November.

And I remain haunted by a book I read in 2007 that I still think should have been required reading for anyone going into the coming primary season, never mind general election:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 09:45:52 pm »

Once upon a time, the libertarian bellettrist Frank Chodorov said, "How to get rid of the Communists in government? Easy. Just abolish the jobs."

@EasyAce

Frank Chodorov was right about many things. This is but one of them.

Anyone who thinks that the people they elect to represent them in Washington, regardless of their party affiliation, are the ones running things in our government are sadly delusional. That is done by career beauracrats who openly, and unfortunately correctly,  say things like "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Congressman." The Communists have been embedding themselves in our government for more than 100 years now and until they are cleaned out the situation is pretty much hopeless IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:52:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2019, 10:04:02 pm »
@EasyAce

Frank Chodorov was right about many things. This is but one of them.

Anyone who thinks that the people they elect to represent them in Washington, regardless of their party affiliation, are the ones running things in our government are sadly delusional. That is done by career beauracrats who openly, and unfortunately correctly,  say things like "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Congressman." The Communists have been embedding themselves in our government for more than 100 years now and until they are cleaned out the situation is pretty much hopeless IMHO.
I suspect it really began to get out of hand when some time, someone decided that---with the best of inferences from the Constitution's Opinion Clause (Article II, Section 2)---a president needed particular officers to consel him on particular matters of state.

You get why a president would require, for example, a secretary of state, a secretary of the treasury, a secretary of defense (that was one of the better consolidations of government, unless you'd like to have five individual Cabinet secretaries representing five military branches), and an attorney general. Those can be defined under constitutional propriety as being within the prescribed, limited, and legitimate concern of the executive branch.

But more often than not you question the need for secretaries of commerce, agriculture, labour, health and "human services," housing, transportation, energy, education, homeland security (until the 9/11 overreactions I'd thought the FBI---being properly part of the attorney general's purview at the Justice Department---was our unnamed department of homeland security!), small business administration. (Didn't those opposed to that idea for a Cabinet department say it was more properly attended by the Commerce Department, anyway?) With the homeland security exception (see again: Justice Department!), it seems to me that under the proper constitutional prescription those matters are tended properly by the legislative branch.

Sometimes we get so damn smart about things that we outsmart ourselves and make things worse.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 11:00:46 pm »
Likely due to very bad advice from others. Likely Obama administration holdovers.
President Trump gets fooled a lot.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 11:19:38 pm »
Likely due to very bad advice from others. Likely Obama administration holdovers.
@Bigun

Wray supported Christie for president and is a best pal and personal lawyer to Christie.

Revealed: Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Betrayed President Trump – Recommended FBI Director Chris Wray.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/revealed-former-new-jersey-governor-chris-christie-betrayed-president-trump-recommended-fbi-director-chris-wray/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:06 pm »
@Bigun

Wray supported Christie for president and is a best pal and personal lawyer to Christie.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/revealed-former-new-jersey-governor-chris-christie-betrayed-president-trump-recommended-fbi-director-chris-wray/

So President Trump screwed up by listening to a Republican.

Offline dancer

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 08:04:41 am »
I'm guessing that he didn't have his crystal ball working and didn't know who were the bad guys and who were the (extremely rare) good guys. What do you think?

Absolutely.  The Swamp is much deeper than people realize.  Still PDJT is doing a bang up job, despite the deeply entrenched traitors.  :patriot:

Offline dancer

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:37 am »
Trump failed to terminate Comey in a timely manner.  I would have booted him out day one!
...and Trump has done nothing to reduce spending.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" applies.  Remember that the Cabal was fully pardoned by BO, so in some cases, new crimes had to be delivered in order to prosecute.

Trump is saving us billions upon billions in the trade war alone and is systematically decreasing employment in assorted departments.  That saves taxpayer money, as well.

He is not a king or a dictator.   You can blame Congress for their addiction to taxpayer money & spending, including the Republicans.  They allot money, then rob the various departments of said funds to support their agenda which is anti-USA. So much corruption on all levels of government by the Swamp members on both sides of the aisle.

The military was in dire straits due to the Cabal stealing allotted funds. PDJT needed to strengthen our troops.  Priorities. This is a world wide fight.  We need a strong military to stop the NWO Cabal and it's sychophants...enemies, foreign and domestic.   

:patriot:

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 12:31:03 pm »
Trump could review current and former Navy Seals as candidates
for Director.

Those of conservative bent and patriots.

Someone say in his early 30s.  There are many outstanding
candidates at the lowest levels. It's best to get them before
they have been corrupted by the system.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 03:45:29 pm »
The squandering of taxpayer money from the days of Obama and now continuing in the years of Trump is beyond the imagination.

Something that exists all over the government is the use of contractors, extensive use of contractors.  What is happening is these contractors are hired to work on projects, etc, but in reality, they are doing the work of lazy federal employees.  This waste of money is extreme, and includes areas you might not think of, i.e. the CDC for one and NIH for another.

We are talking about tens of billions, perhaps more.

TRUMP SHOULD ELIMINATE ALL CONTRACTORS IN NON MILITARY/POLICING AGENCIES.  ALL

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 03:58:29 pm »
The squandering of taxpayer money from the days of Obama and now continuing in the years of Trump is beyond the imagination.

Something that exists all over the government is the use of contractors, extensive use of contractors.  What is happening is these contractors are hired to work on projects, etc, but in reality, they are doing the work of lazy federal employees.  This waste of money is extreme, and includes areas you might not think of, i.e. the CDC for one and NIH for another.

We are talking about tens of billions, perhaps more.

TRUMP SHOULD ELIMINATE ALL CONTRACTORS IN NON MILITARY/POLICING AGENCIES.  ALL

:amen: NO doubt about it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:03 pm »
I suspect it really began to get out of hand when some time, someone decided that---with the best of inferences from the Constitution's Opinion Clause (Article II, Section 2)---a president needed particular officers to consel him on particular matters of state.

You get why a president would require, for example, a secretary of state, a secretary of the treasury, a secretary of defense (that was one of the better consolidations of government, unless you'd like to have five individual Cabinet secretaries representing five military branches), and an attorney general. Those can be defined under constitutional propriety as being within the prescribed, limited, and legitimate concern of the executive branch.

But more often than not you question the need for secretaries of commerce, agriculture, labour, health and "human services," housing, transportation, energy, education, homeland security (until the 9/11 overreactions I'd thought the FBI---being properly part of the attorney general's purview at the Justice Department---was our unnamed department of homeland security!), small business administration. (Didn't those opposed to that idea for a Cabinet department say it was more properly attended by the Commerce Department, anyway?) With the homeland security exception (see again: Justice Department!), it seems to me that under the proper constitutional prescription those matters are tended properly by the legislative branch.

Sometimes we get so damn smart about things that we outsmart ourselves and make things worse.

@EasyAce

Suffice it to say that if I had my way, the fed gov would be less than 1/3 it's the current size.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 04:35:53 pm »
Then why did Trump appoint him, other than to continue the kabuki to give him an excuse for not doing his job?
Did you read the article? 

Seems it was because he would not be perceived as a move to install a partisan after just firing Comey.

Obviously he was correct in that but Wray had too many other issues to be the best pick.

Mr. Wray is a safe, mainstream pick from a president who at one point was considering politicians for a job that has historically been kept outside of partisanship. A former assistant attorney general overseeing the Justice Department’s criminal division under President George W. Bush, Mr. Wray is likely to allay the fears of F.B.I. agents who worried that Mr. Trump would try to weaken or politicize the F.B.I.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:10:39 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington