Author Topic: FBI Director Wray Not Cooperating With AG Barr’s Investigation  (Read 1328 times)

rangerrebew

FBI Director Wray Not Cooperating With AG Barr’s Investigation

CollinRugg

Posted June 17, 2019 

A recent report suggests that FBI Director Christopher Wray is not cooperating with Attorney General Bill Barr with his recent investigations.

According to reporter Paul Sperry, republican House representatives are beginning to think that Wray may be involved with the covering up of information to protect members in the FBI.

"House GOP leadership has soured on Comey replacement Wray. They r now convinced Wray’s not part of the FBI cleanup & not cooperating w AG Barr & is in fact part of the cover-up of #SpyGate scandal after burying documents & refusing to make people available for interview," Sperry said in a tweet.

Check out what the Gateway Pundit reported:

https://trendingpolitics.com/fbi-director-wray-not-cooperating-with-ag-barr-s-investigation/?utm_source=patriots&utm_medium=email

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Many here were not convinced that Wray would do the right thing.  Looks like they were correct.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
”I am proud to announce Christopher as my choice as the Director of the FBI. During his previous service at the Department of Justice, Christopher was the leader of major fraud investigations, and was a key part of the team overseeing the Justice Department’s actions in the war on terrorism following the 9/11 attacks,” said President Trump. “He is an impeccably qualified individual, and I know that he will again serve his country as a fierce guardian of the law and model of integrity once the Senate confirms him to lead the FBI.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-christopher-wray-director-federal-bureau-investigation/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As I have maintained from the beginning "Christopher Wray is part of the problem and not the solution!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Many here were not convinced that Wray would do the right thing.  Looks like they were correct.

Throw his ass in jail, then.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Then why did Trump appoint him, other than to continue the kabuki to give him an excuse for not doing his job?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Then why did Trump appoint him, other than to continue the kabuki to give him an excuse for not doing his job?

I'm guessing that he didn't have his crystal ball working and didn't know who were the bad guys and who were the (extremely rare) good guys. What do you think?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Likely due to very bad advice from others. Likely Obama administration holdovers.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Likely due to very bad advice from others. Likely Obama administration holdovers.

People weren't exactly breaking down the doors to work for this administration, considering the hassle they would get from the Deep State if they chose to work for Trump.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
The list of individuals deemed to be "suitable" for key nominees is a very short one, regardless of which "party" controls the Senate.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: FBI Director Wray Not Cooperating With AG Barr’s Investigation
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
The list of individuals deemed to be "suitable" for key nominees is a very short one, regardless of which "party" controls the Senate.

Absolutely! And they must all be certified, card-carrying, swamp dwellers who exhibit 100% loyalty to the swamp!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »
Wray has set a trap for Barr's arrest and prosecution.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 03:36:28 pm »

He needs to be fired post hast. Barr and this administration has to get this right and fast.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 03:37:48 pm »
Wray has set a trap for Barr's arrest and prosecution.

What do you mean?  @rustynail

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 03:38:37 pm »

This afternoon works for me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 03:47:13 pm »
Once again I must remind you all that draining the swamp will be time-consuming and very painful!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 03:58:33 pm »

Trump hired Wray for the same reasons as all his hires. He had to find quality candidates and fill hundreds of positions quickly. New to Washington DC, I doubt Trump knew that many qualified people who didn’t hate his guts. Who would besides Washington insiders?

Anyway, he usually corrects his hiring mistakes whenever and wherever he can.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 05:03:28 pm »
Trump failed to terminate Comey in a timely manner.  I would have booted him out day one!

He brought Wray in, and he has proven to be a weak sister, and should have been fired within 90 days of being hired.

I say eliminate the FBI, everyone above firstline supervisor, and merge the FBI into Homeland.  Too many agencies in the federal government, and Trump has done nothing to reduce spending.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:47:23 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 05:41:21 pm »
Trump failed to terminate Comey in a timely manner.  I would have booted him out day one!

He brought Wray in, and he has proven to be a weak sister, and should have been fired within 90 days of being hired.

I say eliminate the FBI, everyone above firstline supervisor, and merge the FBI into Homeland.  Too many agencies in the deferal government, and Trump has done nothing to reduce spending.

And, you would have been impeached at least a year ago. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 05:50:05 pm »
Trump had every right to dump Comey first day.  His performance on the Clinton case was criminal, and way out of line. 

Better that than appearing on TV like an idiot and saying words to the effect, 'I got rid of Comey because of the Russia probe'.  Truly idiotic, that!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 06:25:48 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

Why do YOU "think" he appointed him? Trump isn't a career politician,and he doesn't know all these people and their track records,so he has to ask DC Denizens who are alleged to be Republicans for their recommendations.

The ONLY way to clean this mess up is to go down to middle management,find a crusader for truth there that has the habit of stepping on toes,and anoint him OR her as the new FEEB director,and give them the authority to promote Feeb agents from downstream who have not been corrupted by the DC cabal and the favors they are owed. Once he or she is sworn in,tell them their first big job is to seek indictments on crooked FBI agents.

LET THE GAMES,BEGIN!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 06:28:54 pm »
Once again I must remind you all that draining the swamp will be time-consuming and very painful!

@Bigun

I like "quick" and VERY painful" better. Hit them all up so hard they wet their pants at cutting a deal to rat out their pals/co-conspirators.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 07:05:42 pm »
I say eliminate the FBI, everyone above firstline supervisor, and merge the FBI into Homeland.  Too many agencies in the federal government . . .
@jafo2010
The FBI has enough problems as part of the Justice Department; would you really like to take the chance of the FBI being merged into Homeland Security? With the FBI's track record? And, for that matter, Homeland Security's? Haven't our rights been abused enough without such a merger. Somehow, and with apologies to P.J. O'Rourke, giving the FBI the cloak of Homeland Security would be very much like giving whiskey and the car keys to a teenager.

. . . and Trump has done nothing to reduce spending.
Of all the reasons his rightward critics could think of to reject President Tweety as being anything but a conservative, one of the most glaring is that he was never once on record anywhere as standing in any degree on behalf of genuinely smaller, properly-construed government. It's a shame that his and his sycophancy's obsession with "winning" didn't include even a single thought about winning even a small but real (as opposed to just zapping regulations anyone with a single brain cell on life support could tell you could---and probably will---be reinstated by the next Damnocratic president with even half the mind to do it) beginning in reducing the size and the thefts of government.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 08:00:07 pm »
@jafo2010
Of all the reasons his rightward critics could think of to reject President Tweety as being anything but a conservative, one of the most glaring is that he was never once on record anywhere as standing in any degree on behalf of genuinely smaller, properly-construed government. It's a shame that his and his sycophancy's obsession with "winning" didn't include even a single thought about winning even a small but real (as opposed to just zapping regulations anyone with a single brain cell on life support could tell you could---and probably will---be reinstated by the next Damnocratic president with even half the mind to do it) beginning in reducing the size and the thefts of government.

At the end of the day, few "republicans" live up to the small, less costly government narrative.

Both Reagan and Trump have failed to reduce the size, scope and cost of government; in part because they increased military spending, and cut taxes.

Young wunderkinds of fiscal responsibility and magic, come and go. David Stockman and Paul Ryan for instance.

There are only a few hundred key political appointees, yet tens of thousands of highly partisan career bureaucrats.

Should a real conservative ever be elected (not likely), he will  need to learn this lesson again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 08:15:13 pm »
Wray needs to go. Bring in someone from another city. No more DC swamp dwellers.
Principles matter. Words matter.