Author Topic: Heavily armed Marine arrested trying to enter Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Marine Times By: Shawn Snow 6/17/2019

A Hawaii-based Marine was arrested May 31 by Air Force military police at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, according to Marine officials.

Ali J. Alkazahg, a private first class assigned to 3rd Marine Logistics Group, was caught trying to enter the Air Force base with two semi-automatic rifles, a pistol, a suppressor, a bump stock, body armor and ammunition, the Omaha-World Herald reported.

Alkazahg was transported by Naval Criminal Investigative Service to Hawaii, where he has been placed in pretrial confinement, Capt. Eric Abrams, a spokesman for III Marine Expeditionary Force, told Marine Corps Times. The Marine hasn’t been charged at this time and the Corps wasn’t able to provide further details.

NCIS said it is investigating the incident.

The Omaha-World Herald reported that security guards stopped Alkazahg’s pickup truck at the Offutt security gate after seeing his name on a law enforcement watch list.

A bulletin, issued a week prior by the Nebraska Information and Analysis Center, said Alkazahg mentioned to another Marine that he would “shoot up the battalion, starting at the barracks," over misconduct issues he was facing, according to the Omaha-World Herald.

In 2016, the Lincoln Police Department issued a caution about Alkazahg in 2016 claiming that the he was “dangerous, has an infatuation with guns and violent acts, and has a dislike for law enforcement,” the Omaha-World Herald reported. That message of caution was issued before Alkazahg enlisted in the Corps, the Omaha-World Herald reported.

More: https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2019/06/17/heavily-armed-marine-arrested-trying-to-enter-offutt-air-force-base-in-nebraska/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Sister says man who arrived at Offutt heavily armed 'had zero intentions' of harm

https://www.omaha.com/news/military/sister-says-man-who-arrived-at-offutt-heavily-armed-had/article_f98e6536-fb98-5fbb-a2e0-ba7cc92ccf7b.html

A family member and friends on Saturday stood up for the Nebraska-reared Marine who was arrested after he tried to enter Offutt Air Force Base with heavy firepower in his pickup.

Ali Al-Kazahg’s sister and two buddies said they know the 22-year-old Marine as a gun buff who was a bit of a showoff but responsible with his weapons.

“I truly believe my brother had zero intentions of hurting someone,” said Nedhal Al-kazahy, 20, who was a page in the Nebraska Legislature and now is a camp counselor for kids in foster care.

Al-kazahy, of Lincoln, told The World-Herald that her brother has been her best friend and protector as they navigated the Nebraska foster care system and launched their respective careers.

They have different last names, she said, because the spelling is inaccurate on her brother’s birth certificate.

She and two of her brother’s friends, Trevor Reilly and Colton Wurst, presented a different version of Al-Kazahg than portrayed by a “be on the lookout” bulletin that had been circulated across Nebraska by a coalition of federal, state and local agencies tasked with monitoring security threats.

The bulletin, issued May 24 by the Nebraska Information and Analysis Center, said Al-Kazahg told another Marine that he would “shoot up the battalion, starting at the barracks,” if he were disciplined for certain misconduct. According to the bulletin, he also mentioned specific Marines he wanted to target and had previously “shown various people large amounts of cash” and an online order he had placed for body armor, magazines, weapons parts, holsters and medical supplies, all to be shipped to a Nebraska address.

The Nebraska Marine’s sister and friends said they’ve not talked to Al-Kazahg since he’s been in custody at Marine Corps Base Hawaii near Honolulu.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline mountaineer

In 2016, the Lincoln Police Department issued a caution about Alkazahg in 2016 claiming that the he was “dangerous, has an infatuation with guns and violent acts, and has a dislike for law enforcement,” the Omaha-World Herald reported. That message of caution was issued before Alkazahg enlisted in the Corps, the Omaha-World Herald reported.
But they let him in anyway?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

rangerrebew

Nebraska: Heavily armed Muslim Marine arrested trying to enter Air Force base, said he’d “shoot up the battalion”

Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am By Robert Spencer 26 Comments

To have questioned Ali Al-Kazahg about his views of Islam and jihad when he first tried to join the Marines would have been “Islamophobic.” It is also likely that he will soon be declared “mentally ill.” Inquiries into the possibility that he did have a religious motive for this turn toward violence will be dismissed as “bigoted.”

“Heavily armed Nebraska Marine arrested trying to enter Offutt on May 31,” by Steve Liewer, Omaha World-Herald, June 15, 2019 (thanks to M.):

An off-duty Marine from Nebraska was arrested at Offutt Air Force Base two weeks ago after he tried to enter the base with two semi-automatic rifles, a pistol, a silencer, a bump stock, a vest with body armor and a case of ammunition.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/06/nebraska-heavily-armed-muslim-marine-arrested-trying-to-enter-air-force-base-said-hed-shoot-up-the-battalion

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“I truly believe my brother had zero intentions of hurting someone,” said Nedhal Al-kazahy, 20, who was a page in the Nebraska Legislature and now is a camp counselor for kids in foster care.

Zero Intent?

Hmmm.  We all Know what Dirty Harry would define as intent.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Zero Intent?

Hmmm.  We all Know what Dirty Harry would define as intent.
Dirty Harry: when I see a jihadi chasing an infidel with a large knife, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross. I shoot the bast*rd.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dirty Harry: when I see a jihadi chasing an infidel with a large knife, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross. I shoot the bast*rd.

Excellent!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.