Author Topic: Broadway play 'Hillary and Clinton' closing early due to low ticket sales  (Read 398 times)

Offline libertybele

I am heartbroken.  I didn't even get a chance to see it; in fact, I didn't even know it was playing.  :silly:    :rolling:

Broadway play 'Hillary and Clinton' closing early due to low ticket sales

A Broadway depiction of former President Bill Clinton and former First Lady Hillary Clinton will be ending its run early due to underwhelming ticket sales.

The production of "Hillary and Clinton" was scheduled to close July 21, but producer Scott Rudin announced Monday that its final performance will be held Sunday. June 23. The play cost $4.2 million to produce and accumulated only $4.7 million at the box office, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The show, titled "Hillary and Clinton," takes place in March 2008 and offers a fictional behind-the-scenes look at the former secretary of state's first presidential campaign as then-Senator Barack Obama began gaining momentum. The play stars Tony winners Laurie Metcalf as the Democratic candidate and John Lithgow as former President Bill Clinton........

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/broadway-hillary-clinton-closing-early
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

On the other hand .... The play, "My Root Canal," which features real dentists performing root canals and other dental surgery on actual patients, is set to break Broadway records. It cost $10,000 to produce and, to date, has grossed $7.8 million.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
I honestly thought this was from The Onion. What audience did they think was going to see this thing?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline libertybele

On the other hand .... The play, "My Root Canal," which features real dentists performing root canals and other dental surgery on actual patients, is set to break Broadway records. It cost $10,000 to produce and, to date, has grossed $7.8 million.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I, too, was unaware of this vomit on Broadway. I wonder how much the grifters received from the producers and how this might bode for their Hollyweird venture?
Principles matter. Words matter.