Author Topic: O’Rourke: ‘I Do Not Think’ Law Making Illegal Border Crossings a Criminal Offense Should Be Repealed  (Read 199 times)

Offline libertybele

??? So his policy is supposedly different than Castro's but he obviously doesn't think that illegals should be detained/retained in Mexico....children in cages falling victim to criminals.  Does this azzhat have any idea of the criminal element that these kids are exposed to on the way here??  I would love to know how he would plan to rectify the influx of illegals??   What's his solution?  IF he indeed doesn't want to repeal the law making illegal border crossings a criminal offense, then why is he against a wall?

I would love to submit those questions to the DEM debate!   happy77

O’Rourke: ‘I Do Not Think’ Law Making Illegal Border Crossings a Criminal Offense Should Be Repealed

..........Host Jake Tapper asked O’Rourke, “Your fellow Texan and 2020 candidate Julian Castro's immigration plan calls for the repeal of a law that makes it a crime to enter the United States illegally. Do you agree with that? That the law be repealed?”

.......“I don't know if it should be repealed, Jake,” O’Rourke initially told Tapper. “But I think that we should acknowledge that most of those who are arriving at our border right now, especially from Central America, are at their most desperate and vulnerable moment. They pose no threat or harm to this country.

“And we’ve proposed a family case management program, so that they are not held in detention, at a fraction of the cost and at an improved rate of showing for their court date or their appointments with ICE officials. We help them to follow our own laws, and we treat them like the human beings that they really are,” he said.

“So, policies of caging kids or separating families or metering, where we have migrants and asylum seekers wait in Mexico, where they are prey to criminals and to those who would take advantage of the most vulnerable, that cannot be this country. We have to live our values and ensure that our laws reflect our reality and our true interests in this country,” O’Rourke said..........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/craig-millward/orourke-i-do-not-think-law-making-illegal-border-crossings-criminal

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Does this azzhat have any idea of the criminal element that these kids are exposed to on the way here??

You would think he'd have a clue having represented El Paso.  But as someone has already pointed out "Gringo" is a dunce.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!