Author Topic: Exclusive: Buttigieg says he suffered depression on return from Afghanistan  (Read 980 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Exclusive: Buttigieg says he suffered depression on return from Afghanistan
Axios, Jun 16. 2019, Mike Allen

Pete Buttigieg told "Axios on HBO" that although he wasn't diagnosed with PTSD after returning from Afghanistan after a 7-month deployment in 2014, "there's a level of depression ... that I went through when I came back."

Why it matters: This is a new window into Buttigieg's unusual experience of serving as a 32-year-old, then returning to resume his job as mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

•"Of course, it's the effect of having been exposed to danger," Buttigieg said during an interview at his campaign HQ in South Bend, Ind.

• "I think, also, some moral pressure," he continued. "Any time, in any way, you are even remotely involved in killing, it takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

Buttigieg, who was an intelligence officer in the Navy Reserve, noted that he "was not a special forces operator — I wasn't kicking down doors."

• But he said the experience still "takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

Buttigieg told me the feeling lasted about a year, and that he never felt he needed medical treatment.

Video at link:  https://www.axios.com/pete-buttigieg-depression-afghanistan-53a608af-7c6b-4a55-81a3-508dcd7fbb07.html

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Makes you wonder how the hell he could handle the pressure of occupying the highest office in the land...don't it. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't see how this is a story. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whoop-de-doo. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

After just a few months in Bagram he’s suffered depression?

Sounds like he’s trying to milk that cushy desk job he had for all it’s worth.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
After just a few months in Bagram he’s suffered depression?

Sounds like he’s trying to milk that cushy desk job he had for all it’s worth.

If sitting at a desk depresses him, he shouldn't be running to sit at a desk in the Oval office.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The left has found their Non Toxic Masculinity candidate.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I think, also, some moral pressure," he continued. "Any time, in any way, you are even remotely involved in killing, it takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

Buttigieg, who was an intelligence officer in the Navy Reserve, noted that he "was not a special forces operator — I wasn't kicking down doors."

But he said the experience still "takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

Obama went on a drone spree in the middle of his term. He had a 'secret hit list' that he constructed and approved with very little input or verification from other government sources and agencies. He launched dozens, if not hundreds, of drone strikes killing who knows how many people, many of them civilians. Since there was very little oversight on the program, nobody, except Obama, knows all the details of exactly what Obama was doing.

Obama once bragged, and you can look this up, "I am really good at killing people." He seemed to enjoy it.

The President has the lives of hundreds of thousands of troops and civilians in his hands every single day. If Buttgieg admitted that a tour in Afganistan gave him that much grief, even though he was never directly responsible for any deaths, then how can he possibly be the Commander in Chief of all U.S. Forces, and NATO? He would have a breakdown before the end of the first week.

There are always ongoing OPS all over the world nobody knows about in which people are killed everyday. Only this time, as President, he would directly make the call whether people live or die. It would tear him up. He wouldn't be able to do it.

Whether Buttgig knows it or not, this statement summarily disqualifies him from the job. Essentially he just admitted that he would not be able to make the hard choices that holding the office necessarily entails. In which people die frequently worldwide, both directly and indirectly from the decision.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think, also, some moral pressure," he continued. "Any time, in any way, you are even remotely involved in killing, it takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

But he said the experience still "takes something out of you, and it takes a lot of work to process that."

I...I don't even know where to begin with that steaming pile of BS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

I...I don't even know where to begin with that steaming pile of BS.

No explanation needed.  <obscenity removed>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:16:21 am by Mod2 »

Offline mountaineer

I believe it's been established that the homosexual population has a higher incidence of mental illness than normal people, including depression.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I believe it's been established that the homosexual population has a higher incidence of mental illness than normal people, including depression.

It is a mental illness, always has been, always will be.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Anyone else rather have a bleep grabber in office rather than sucker of male cocks, or a fake indian or a creeper, or a fake beaner, or a round heel whore?

The old hetero guy with the attractive wife is head and shoulders above them all!

wink777

Offline Wingnut

The old hetero guy with the attractive wife is head and shoulders above them all!

wink777

God Bless America! 

Offline libertybele

God Bless America!

God HELP America!   :patriot: :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

God HELP America!   :patriot: :0001:

LOL.  You are on the wrong side of heaven. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It is a mental illness, always has been, always will be.

Amen! That's another achievement of the gay mafia- getting it taken out of the DSM. It belongs there.
Principles matter. Words matter.