Author Topic: California governor says Republican Party is headed 'into the waste bin of history'  (Read 301 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
California governor says Republican Party is headed 'into the waste bin of history'

en Daugherty - 06/17/19

snip

“America in 2019 is California in the 1990s,” he told Politico. “The xenophobia, the nativism, the fear of ‘the other.’ Scapegoating. Talking down or past people. The hysteria. And so, we’re not going to put up with that. We are going to push back.”

snip
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/448862-california-governor-says-republican-party-is-headed-into-the-waste-bin
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Never was there a more smarmy yet more dense politician. This guy is a real dingaling.

In fact, the whole crop of leftists aspiring to national office are really, really stupid if they think their brand of lunacy will resonate with a working majority in this country.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:08:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Never was there a more smarmy yet more dense politician. This guy is a real dingaling.

In fact, the whole crop of leftists aspiring to national office are really, really stupid if they think their brand of lunacy will resonate with a working majority in this country.

Oh, I don't know, I take a look at Buttgig and Beto and they are also 'dingalings.'  Biden and Bernie are old encrusted dingalings.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Sadly, he's right, because the Republican Party doesn't stand for anything.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Let it burn.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Curious about your opinion, about the future of the GOP?

Demographics have ended  the chance for GOP success.

Since passage of Prop. 187 in 1994, the left have  successfully portrayed the GOP as being anti-Hispanic, anti-minority, etc.

BTW Prop. 187 passed by 59-41 percent 25 yrs. ago.

I believe similar trends are underway across the nation.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think Gavin has been poontanging around with those Hollywood f*gs too often. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

California Ãœber Alles.

Offline skeeter

Curious about your opinion, about the future of the GOP?

Demographics have ended  the chance for GOP success.

Since passage of Prop. 187 in 1994, the left have  successfully portrayed the GOP as being anti-Hispanic, anti-minority, etc.

BTW Prop. 187 passed by 59-41 percent 25 yrs. ago.

I believe similar trends are underway across the nation.

In all honesty I am worried about this as well. It is quite obvious the rats intend to apply the same strategy they used in CA nationally.

Perhaps I'm whistling past the graveyard but I believe it will be a much tougher proposition nationally, rank and file republicans are getting wise - the GOPe cannot be allowed to continue as before or old Gavin will end up looking like a sage.

BTW the irony is lilly white Gavin will be right there on the dustbin with the GOP.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:43:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
California governor says Republican Party is headed 'into the waste bin of history'

Of course, it's already there in California.
The Republicans will never be a factor in California state politics again.*

Nationally?
Not so fast.

What Newsom's comment really illustrates is (again) how divided the nation has become. There's the left -- the democrat-communists -- vs. the right (traditional-minded Americans, largely coalesced into the Republican party).

The "red states v. the blue states" will soon become the twenty-first's century of "the blue and the gray". We're about where the USA once was in 1855-56, perhaps even later.

Yet-to-come: "the spark" that turns the cold conflict into a hot one.

I've predicted before, this "spark" may well end up being the U.S. Supreme Court's decision on "National Popular Vote" when that issue is finally thrust before them (not "if", but "when"). It will become the "Dred Scott decision" of the 21st century.

If the Supreme Court upholds the right of the blue states to enact the compact of NPV, the only recourse the red states will then have against overwhelming dominance by the blue (democrat-communists) will be "the way of The South" in 1861 -- or something close to it.

Either they risk that.... or "submit" (muslim style) to the diktats of the leftist/communists.

If it comes to that, the only course for the red states will be to literally crush the blue states and cities into submission, and then apply a "radical reconstruction" to them, a la 1865-1876.
That's where the * comes in, up above.
That's the ONLY way California will ever come to be "Republican" again.

One final thought:
To steal a phrase uttered by a French king:
"After Trump, the deluge..."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:26:46 am by Fishrrman »