Author Topic: J.J. Watt is calling on fans to buy back Whataburger. The Texas governor is on board  (Read 714 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Nicole Chavez, CNN 6/17/2019

Whataburger fans are not happy over the sale of the fast food chain. Neither is Houston Texans star J.J. Watt.

The family-owned Texas chain announced Friday it was selling its majority ownership to a Chicago investment firm, prompting mixed reactions from fans and even one of the biggest names in the NFL.

"Ok, I say we all chip in and buy Whataburger back," Watt tweeted. "Make honey butter chicken biscuits available all day, add kolaches to the menu and change nothing else. Especially not the ketchup."

Even though he was born and raised in Wisconsin, the Lone Star State has been Watt's adoptive home. And just like many Texans, he loves Whataburger.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/whataburger-jj-watt-texas-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:43:42 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Do not let those Chicago carpetbaggers anywhere near Whataburger.     They will ruin it and then sell of any remaining assets.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

Whataburger goes online to reassure Texans after news of sale of the chain's majority ownership
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Whataburger-goes-online-to-reassure-Texans-after-14001373.php

First the Alamo, now Whataburger.

It did not take long for Whataburger's loyal Texas fan base to express their displeasure and anxiety at the news the chain was selling the majority stake of its ownership to Chicago-based BDT Capital Partners.

Whataburger delivered the gut check Friday afternoon, and while there were no reports of looting, panic buying of spicy ketchup, overturned cars or rioting, it is safe to say that Texas' corner of internet exploded a little bit.

"182 men didn't die at The Alamo just so we could give @Whataburger over to Chicago. I'm just sayin'." Wrote one Twitter user. And similar sentiments were shared by many.

From funny to angry, Texas let Whataburger know its thoughts on the matter.

So over the weekend the storied and beloved franchise took to social media to reassure fans....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Whataburger delivered the gut check Friday afternoon, and while there were no reports of looting, panic buying of spicy ketchup, overturned cars or rioting, it is safe to say that Texas' corner of internet exploded a little bit.

Yep, the Corp version of "Dont panic All is well.  We are just rearranging the Titanics deck chairs"

“Game over, man! Game over”. #Beleivethat
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:42:00 pm by The Ghost »

Offline dfwgator

This is like eating Salsa that comes from New York City!

"Get a rope!"

Offline dfwgator

Now they'd better keep their hands off of Shiner Bock.   

Offline Wingnut

Or Pearl.  Oh wait.... never mind on Pearl. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is like eating Salsa that comes from New York City!

"Get a rope!"

The family's response was pure shit.  Real Twitter feed should read #Sellout.

F'ers from Chicago will have Whataburger tasting like Burger King in 3 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Ken Hoffman digs into the juiciest questions after Whataburger's shocking sale
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/06-17-19-whataburger-sale-bdt-capital-partners-chicago-houston-menu-changes-ken-hoffman/

...The new owners are buying a very successful or stagnant company, depending on how you crunch the numbers.  According to QSR Magazine, the bible of the fast food industry, Whataburger is only the No. 22 fast food chain in the U.S. — with total sales of $2.2 billion for its 821 restaurants across 10 states.

But, more important, Whataburger has the second highest sales per store, $2.7 million. That beats the average McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy’s, etc. — the whole bunch of national biggies. Only Chick-fil-A has higher sales per store, a printing press $4 million....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online berdie

By Nicole Chavez, CNN 6/17/2019

Whataburger fans are not happy over the sale of the fast food chain. Neither is Houston Texans star J.J. Watt.

The family-owned Texas chain announced Friday it was selling its majority ownership to a Chicago investment firm, prompting mixed reactions from fans and even one of the biggest names in the NFL.

"Ok, I say we all chip in and buy Whataburger back," Watt tweeted. "Make honey butter chicken biscuits available all day, add kolaches to the menu and change nothing else. Especially not the ketchup."

Even though he was born and raised in Wisconsin, the Lone Star State has been Watt's adoptive home. And just like many Texans, he loves Whataburger.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/whataburger-jj-watt-texas-trnd/index.html

I would go for it...but how would it work? Set up a corp? can a corp take donations?

As an off topic comment...I love JJ.  And this is from a die hard Cowboys fan. Well at least before they turned (for the most part) into thugs.

I love me some Whataburger.

Offline GrouchoTex

I ate there yesterday.
Double meat, bacon, jalapeno, and cheese burger.

Nothing has changed.........................yet.
 :cool:

Offline GrouchoTex

:amen: