General Category > National/Breaking News

19 Arrests Later, a Texas Town Is Torn Apart Over Voter Fraud

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
19 Arrests Later, a Texas Town Is Torn Apart Over Voter Fraud

Fred Lucas  June 17, 2019 / 6 Comments

“Down here, voter fraud is not all that unusual,” says Richard Monte, a city planning consultant. “It’s unusual when they get prosecuted.” (Photo: Getty Images)

EDINBURG, Texas—The story that thrust a Rio Grande Valley city into the national spotlight is hardly a new anomaly, say residents such as Richard Monte.

“Down here, voter fraud is not all that unusual,” says Monte, a city planning consultant in a brown suit jacket, sitting with other activists at a table in Coffee Zone on McColl Road. “It’s unusual when they get prosecuted.”

Now, for this south Texas town, that unusual moment has arrived. A November 2017 mayoral election has been under scrutiny from local and state officials, and 19 arrests have been made over alleged voter fraud. The mayor—and winner of the 2017 election—was indicted earlier this month, along with his wife. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/17/19-arrests-later-a-texas-town-is-torn-apart-over-voter-fraud/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=19-arrests-later-a-texas-town-is-torn-apart-over-voter-fraud?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on June 17, 2019, 11:14:56 am ---19 Arrests Later, a Texas Town Is Torn Apart Over Voter Fraud

Fred Lucas  June 17, 2019 / 6 Comments

“Down here, voter fraud is not all that unusual,” says Richard Monte, a city planning consultant. “It’s unusual when they get prosecuted.” (Photo: Getty Images)

EDINBURG, Texas—The story that thrust a Rio Grande Valley city into the national spotlight is hardly a new anomaly, say residents such as Richard Monte.

“Down here, voter fraud is not all that unusual,” says Monte, a city planning consultant in a brown suit jacket, sitting with other activists at a table in Coffee Zone on McColl Road. “It’s unusual when they get prosecuted.”

Now, for this south Texas town, that unusual moment has arrived. A November 2017 mayoral election has been under scrutiny from local and state officials, and 19 arrests have been made over alleged voter fraud. The mayor—and winner of the 2017 election—was indicted earlier this month, along with his wife. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/17/19-arrests-later-a-texas-town-is-torn-apart-over-voter-fraud/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=19-arrests-later-a-texas-town-is-torn-apart-over-voter-fraud?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

--- End quote ---

I love it when this happens. It almost makes me optimistic about the future of America.

Sanguine:
@Victoria33 we had this discussion some time ago.  I lived in the RGV for a time, so I started from the point of "of course voter fraud happens".  This article helps explain how that happens.

Victoria33:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on June 17, 2019, 02:10:07 pm ---@Victoria33 we had this discussion some time ago.  I lived in the RGV for a time, so I started from the point of "of course voter fraud happens".  This article helps explain how that happens.

--- End quote ---
@Sanguine
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak 

Sanguine, the elections in this article, are CITY ELECTIONS, not Federal/State Elections.  Cities can hold their own election, not have the County Elections Administrator run it.   

Large Cities contract with the County Elections Administrator to hold them.  So, the problem is not the big cities, but smaller towns.

Small town Mayors can hold their own city election, and go by the City Election laws in the State's Election Code.  However, I doubt there is a State Election Code book in any small town mayor's office.  You read in this article, examples of how small town mayor's violate the Election Code.

Shopping for votes is getting people to fill out absentee ballots the way they want the person to do it, then take the ballot themselves and mail it or dump it according to how the person voted.
A Ballot By Mail can only be returned to the election administrator by these methods:
(1) Delivered by the person who voted.
(2) Send it by regular mail.
(3) Send it by UPS, Fed-ex, or other private carrier. 
So, the person who picks up a person's ballot cannot deliver it him/herself. 

In this mayor's election, if any of the mayor's people picked up the ballots themselves and turned them in, or dumped them, that is a violation.
In this case, they were also having people register using a different address - also illegal.

In the small Texas county we changed from Democrat to Republican, the city elections were a mess but did not involve the County Republican Chairman or the Secretary of the Party, which was my husband and myself, nor did it involve the Democrat Chairman. The  city election was totally separate.

The Texas Election Code book is 550 pages.  After teaching that book for ten years, it is engraved in the book/law/writing section of my brain.

Sanguine:
Victoria, I was talking about this part:

--- Quote ---“Down here, voter fraud is not all that unusual,” says Richard Monte, a city planning consultant. “It’s unusual when they get prosecuted.”
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version