Author Topic: Bill Cassidy Proposes to Prevent Americans from Subsidizing Health Care for Illegal Aliens  (Read 541 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Bill Cassidy Proposes to Prevent Americans from Subsidizing Health Care for Illegal Aliens

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and other Senate Republicans proposed Sunday to block leftist states from forcing Americans to subsidize programs that expand benefits to illegal immigrants.
Sens. Cassidy, John Barrasso (R-WY), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), David Perdue (R-GA), and Roger Wicker (R-MS) introduced the Protect Medicaid Act (S. 131) to ensure that leftist states cannot bilk Medicaid to subsidize programs that expand Medicaid benefits to illegal immigrants...........

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/16/bill-cassidy-proposes-prevent-americans-subsidizing-health-care-illegal-aliens/

This is what we need to see and more. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Bill Cassidy Proposes to Prevent Americans from Subsidizing Health Care for Illegal Aliens

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and other Senate Republicans proposed Sunday to block leftist states from forcing Americans to subsidize programs that expand benefits to illegal immigrants.
Sens. Cassidy, John Barrasso (R-WY), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), David Perdue (R-GA), and Roger Wicker (R-MS) introduced the Protect Medicaid Act (S. 131) to ensure that leftist states cannot bilk Medicaid to subsidize programs that expand Medicaid benefits to illegal immigrants...........

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/16/bill-cassidy-proposes-prevent-americans-subsidizing-health-care-illegal-aliens/

That's all fine and good, but at least in my area, no hospital is allowed to deny emergency care to anyone.  So how do they prevent treating illegals??  Our hospitals are already filled up beyond capacity; I'm talking waiting in the hallways and being treated in recliners because there are no more beds, or rooms available. Not a whole lot of privacy and so much for private health information staying private. I went to e.r. a couple of times in the past year and at one of them I felt like I was in a 3rd world country.   Sure it's easy to say that they need to add on ... but an overwhelming amount of $$ is going out to treat people without insurance.  I have seen our hospitals decline dramatically in the past 5 years.  Sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This bill is so blatantly practical, it will be rejected wholeheartedly by the Dems.

The best way to achieve the objective is to totally cut 100% of federal funds going to health care, and instead permit all government funds for healthcare subsidies be provided by the states themselves.

The results would be a catastrophic implosion for those states like California which demand their taxpayers subsidize illegals as the illegals would flock to those states, and the states that choose not to subsidize illegals reap the bonanza of lessened financial burdens in healthcare and lessened illegals.

Funny how federalism works.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

This bill is so blatantly practical, it will be rejected wholeheartedly by the Dems.

The best way to achieve the objective is to totally cut 100% of federal funds going to health care, and instead permit all government funds for healthcare subsidies be provided by the states themselves.

The results would be a catastrophic implosion for those states like California which demand their taxpayers subsidize illegals as the illegals would flock to those states, and the states that choose not to subsidize illegals reap the bonanza of lessened financial burdens in healthcare and lessened illegals.

Funny how federalism works.

Though I believe you are correct that the DEMS will never accept this, it could also have people once again leaving blue states and moving to more affordable red states.  Perhaps even changing some states from red to blue.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yet we know this show bill will not pass the House.  I'm looking forward to more Obamacare repeals too.

Offline libertybele

Yet we know this show bill will not pass the House.  I'm looking forward to more Obamacare repeals too.

Just because the GOP feels that a bill will never clear the DEM obstruction, should they just not try?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Just because the GOP feels that a bill will never clear the DEM obstruction, should they just not try?
Of course not.  When the bill can not possibly become law is when the GOP passes their best show bills.  The ones they point to at re-election and say I voted for a balanced budget, border security, and abortion restrictions...and the best thing is they can keep voting for the same DOA bills year after year.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It would be nice if they did, for a change. That way, if they ever get the majority back they could have bills ready to go in the hopper.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis