Author Topic: Senator Ted Cruz: Why Democrats May Sweep the 2020 Elections  (Read 2483 times)

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: Senator Ted Cruz: Why Democrats May Sweep the 2020 Elections
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »
The '16 election was a solid rejection of Bush/Clinton/Bush and Obama and the result was Trump.  He either wasn't paying attention or wise enough to realize how may holdovers there were. I still don't understand how or why he appointed Rosenstein.

The '16 election was a rejection of Hillary Clinton, not Obama. Obama would not have lost Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 08:56:47 pm »
The '16 election was a rejection of Hillary Clinton, not Obama. Obama would not have lost Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

??? Bushx2/Clinton/Obama ALL part of the establishment.  ALL rejected in '16.  Yes, Bush and Clinton both lost; but it was clearly the establishment politicians that clearly lost.  Obama is considered to be part of the establishment and Clinton as his Sec'y of State was rejected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 09:25:48 pm »
Ted Cruz may be right.  Hell, Trump and the Republicans had the presidency and both houses of congress and still did not fulfill their campaign promises.  Now they have lost the house and it's possible they could lose the senate and the presidency too.  I believe there are people who are fed up enough with Trump and the Republicans, they will either stay home next year or actually vote Democrat, thinking, what's the difference?   The threats that worked in 2016 -- if you don't vote for Trump/Republicans, those wicked Dems will take over and the country will be ruined -- may not  work so well next year.   The Republicans could very well go down in flames.

And if the Dems do sweep next year, Trump and the Republicans will have only themselves to blame. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 10:17:06 pm »
Ted Cruz may be right.  Hell, Trump and the Republicans had the presidency and both houses of congress and still did not fulfill their campaign promises.  Now they have lost the house and it's possible they could lose the senate and the presidency too.  I believe there are people who are fed up enough with Trump and the Republicans, they will either stay home next year or actually vote Democrat, thinking, what's the difference?   The threats that worked in 2016 -- if you don't vote for Trump/Republicans, those wicked Dems will take over and the country will be ruined -- may not  work so well next year.   The Republicans could very well go down in flames.

And if the Dems do sweep next year, Trump and the Republicans will have only themselves to blame.

Unfortunately if the DEMS do a complete sweep next year, quite possibly the GOP party will be finished. After asylum and amnesty granted to the millions that are here, mathematically, it will be impossible for a GOP candidate to ever be seated again.

We will lose certainly lose our Republic.

Sure the GOP has no one to blame but themselves, but the voters have no one to blame but themselves for continually voting in those same people and expecting a different result.

Either way, to hope or expect that the GOP will never be defeated in either House is a pipe dream; the DEMS taking full control is a reality.  It's not a matter of IF, but when. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 12:58:30 am »
After Trump, the deluge...

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 05:58:24 am »
If you find it I'd like to see it, @TomSea.
@TomSea
@Sanguine

I can tell you where to find it.  It is the State Republican Party who is doing it, so put Texas Republican Party in search and go to their website.  Likely joining them in doing this, is the
 TFRW - Texas Federation of Republican Women.  The link to them is below.

I was a member of the TFRW, in charge of signing up new Republican voters.  A woman told me what she did and it was fabulous so I started the women adding this to sign up Republicans:
Where is the most likely place to find Republicans?  GUN SHOWS!  These women live all over Texas, so I found out where every gun show across Texas was going to be and sent it to them.

To sign up voters, you have to go to the courthouse and get instructions how to do it and get the forms.  The women did that and along with every other way to sign up voters, WENT TO GUN SHOWS!
https://www.tfrw.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 06:26:13 am »
@Applewood
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Cruz is saying what I said after the 2018 primary when Democrats showed up enormous numbers in Texas and that not happened in over twenty years.  I posted then we could lose the state of Texas to Democrats due to so many showing up at the primary.  Historically, Dem numbers were low in Texas primaries, they usually skipped that and voted in the general election in November.  I knew  we were in serious trouble.  So does Cruz know that: "“The Democrats increased their turnout in Texas by more than 100 percent,” Cruz stressed. In previous elections this decade, 1.8 million Texas Democrats voted. In 2018, that number swelled to 4 million Democrats. Cruz eked out 4.2 million Republican votes and the margin of victory was only 200,000 votes, Cruz said."

What Cruz said did happen just as I thought it would:  "It was outside the cities in the suburbs where the Republican numbers were high that made the difference.  Now, the women in these areas are voting Democrat instead of Republican due to their disgust of Trump."

"Texas is officially a battleground state, Cruz said. In recent elections leading up to 2018, the urban city centers of Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio were Democrat Party strongholds while the suburban areas that ringed the city centers were Republican. He called these the “red donuts” of suburban voters that kept Texas decidedly Republican for two-and-a-half decades. That changed in 2018. Suburban women in particular moved from Republican candidates to Democrats, Cruz said. The rings around the urban centers are now purple."

I fear Texas will go Democrat.  To think Biden is ahead of Trump in Texas, is unbelievable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2019, 09:12:18 am »
The '16 election was a solid rejection of Bush/Clinton/Bush and Obama and the result was Trump.  He either wasn't paying attention or wise enough to realize how may holdovers there were. I still don't understand how or why he appointed Rosenstein.
Sorry, it's still Kabuki. Different faces, same ol' promises, no results. Rosenstein was an excuse waiting to happen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2019, 10:34:14 am »
Ted said almost the exact same words verbatim during a previous Ben Shapiro show in March, 2018 or prior to his last election, and that election results proved his words to be prescient. 

He was in trouble .... Abbott won reelection by 10 points.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2019, 12:59:56 pm »
Sorry, it's still Kabuki. Different faces, same ol' promises, no results. Rosenstein was an excuse waiting to happen.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 02:04:40 pm »
He was in trouble .... Abbott won reelection by 10 points.

Considering his great record as Governor, and the weakness of his opponent, he should have won by 25 percent.

It was a massive wipeout in the Republican suburbs, at least 20 statehouse seats went to Democrats in Republican strongholds. I suspect 2020 will see Pubbies regain those seats...Beto gave Democrats enthusiasm while raising and spending a boat load of money.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 05:29:38 pm »
I am tired of people here saying Trump had both houses.  He did not!  A simple majority means nothing in the Senate.  Without 60 votes, you pass zip!  52 is not 60 votes Applewood!

Trump did not run in 2018, and his running in 2020 will make a huge difference.  Plus, naby seats were lost by Republicans leaving office and opening the seat.  Too many Repulicans were never Trumpers.  Trump did not have the backing of the party.  Still doesn't have it.

But rest assured, Republicans will win both houses in 2020 and the turnout will be huge on both sides.  Illegal voters may have an impact in local elections, but not for the presidency. 

It will be Trump, it will be a Republican Senate, most likely falling short of the 60 votes needed for a majority, and the House remains a question mark.

One thing I do know.  Blacks are finally awakening to the fraud of the Democommies.  I expect a 10% swing to the Republican Party in 2020.  Same for Hispanics.  The party of abortion will lose Hispanics.  This could be a crushing election year for the Dems.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 05:43:39 pm »
I am tired of people here saying Trump had both houses.  He did not!  A simple majority means nothing in the Senate.  Without 60 votes, you pass zip!  52 is not 60 votes Applewood!

True that.  And it wasn't/isn't just the number in the Senate.

When push comes to shove, you probably don't need two hands to count the number of House members that are supportive of his agenda.

And I tire of reminding people, the Speaker of the House (last GOP being Donohue, I mean Ryan) controls the agenda....  Nothing gets close to the floor for a vote without the Speaker's permission.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 05:43:48 pm »

Trump did not run in 2018, and his running in 2020 will make a huge difference.  Plus, naby seats were lost by Republicans leaving office and opening the seat.  Too many Repulicans were never Trumpers.  Trump did not have the backing of the party.  Still doesn't have it.

But rest assured, Republicans will win both houses in 2020 and the turnout will be huge on both sides.  Illegal voters may have an impact in local elections, but not for the presidency. 

It will be Trump, it will be a Republican Senate, most likely falling short of the 60 votes needed for a majority, and the House remains a question mark.

One thing I do know.  Blacks are finally awakening to the fraud of the Democommies.  I expect a 10% swing to the Republican Party in 2020.  Same for Hispanics.  The party of abortion will lose Hispanics.  This could be a crushing election year for the Dems.

??? Well, the DEMS certainly didn't have the majority -- just sayin'   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2019, 05:45:02 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 05:46:06 pm »
...and neither did Republicans, and that is why almost nothing was passed in the Senate.

It takes 60 votes, not a simple majority in the Senate!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 07:15:33 pm »
??? Well, the DEMS certainly didn't have the majority -- just sayin'

Really???

Are you sure about that?  I'm sure as hell not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:44 pm »

Let's get real, here. Trump never had either. The 'Country Club' GOPe decided what they were and were not going to do, and made damned sure the latter just didn't get done From slow walking to just looking the other way, they did squat.

The grim reality for the Republic is that there are enough on both sides of the aisle to look out for their own special interests, to do the Calculus of who can survive stopping what come next election, and to pick those to fall on their sword on the way offstage. I'm well beyond cynical when it comes to the Criminal enterprise we call Congress.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 08:19:35 pm »
Really???

Are you sure about that?  I'm sure as hell not.

Well...then there's the issue of RINO's.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »
Let's get real, here. Trump never had either. The 'Country Club' GOPe decided what they were and were not going to do, and made damned sure the latter just didn't get done From slow walking to just looking the other way, they did squat.

The grim reality for the Republic is that there are enough on both sides of the aisle to look out for their own special interests, to do the Calculus of who can survive stopping what come next election, and to pick those to fall on their sword on the way offstage. I'm well beyond cynical when it comes to the Criminal enterprise we call Congress.

:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2019, 08:33:32 pm »
Trump might have been told he could appoint just a few hundred, but maybe he failed to grasp the power of the thousands of entrenched career bureaucrats, like Peter Strzok and Paul Ryan.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2019, 08:59:36 pm »
Trump might have been told he could appoint just a few hundred, but maybe he failed to grasp the power of the thousands of entrenched career bureaucrats, like Peter Strzok and Paul Ryan.

I remember Mark Levin talking about when he too over as Chief of Staff to Ed Meese there were still attorneys working at DoJ from the Johnson administration.

It's the dirty trick Liberals play...they embed people deep in these agencies in in jobs that don't require them to be nominated and ensure that even when the Liberals aren't in power...Liberal power is still being exuded.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2019, 09:03:31 pm »
I remember Mark Levin talking about when he too over as Chief of Staff to Ed Meese there were still attorneys working at DoJ from the Johnson administration.

It's the dirty trick Liberals play...they embed people deep in these agencies in in jobs that don't require them to be nominated and ensure that even when the Liberals aren't in power...Liberal power is still being exuded.

Been going on for a LONG time. Since the 1920s at least.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2019, 09:15:41 pm »
Appointing Rosenstein is one thing.  Why is there no IG report?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »
Appointing Rosenstein is one thing.  Why is there no IG report?

Because the rules of the organization the IG works for require that his reports be subject to internal review before being released.

- J. R. R. Tolkien