Author Topic: Trump Announced Tom Homan As The New ‘Border Czar.’ Homan Says No Thanks.  (Read 605 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump Announced Tom Homan As The New ‘Border Czar.’ Homan Says No Thanks.

ormer acting Immigrations and Customs Enforcement head Tom Homan said on Saturday that he wouldn’t be accepting the position of “border czar” in the Trump administration, despite President Donald Trump’s announcement on Friday.

Homan, who is now a Fox News contributor, appeared on Fox News’ “Cavuto Live” on Saturday to clear the air.

“I think the White House has made it clear it was kind of premature,” Homan said, likely referring to a Friday CNN report on the confusion.

Homan, who previously served as Trump’s acting ICE chief, told Fox News host Neil Cavuto that he turned down the czar job when former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen offered it to him because he “didn’t think the job was structured right” and “didn’t have the proper authority.”

“I think any sort of border czar needs to be a person who can coordinate an all-government response to the border,” Homan said. “So when I first had the discussions, that wasn’t the way it was set up and I certainly don’t want to come back and fail this President.”

“I don’t think they should create another policy position that’s not going to have an effectiveness on this border, so as of right now, I have not accepted the job, but the discussions will continue,” he added........

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-homan-border-czar-trump-wont-accept-position

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-homan-ice-trumps-announced-border-czar-says-he-is-not-taking-the-job-as-of-right-now/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If you don't have the authority to do your job why take it?  I think this guy may be on the right track, but there is absolutely no support for securing the border. 

Announcing a "Czar" is merely using Homan's name and stance on border to give people a false assurance that we are moving in a direction to stop the illegal immigration.  It is merely "fake" if there is no intention on allowing the guy to do the job.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:04:08 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

If you don't have the authority to do your job why take it?  I think this guy may be on the right track, but there is absolutely no support for securing the border. 

Announcing a "Czar" is merely using Homan's name and stance on border to give people a false assurance that we are moving in a direction to stop the illegal immigration.  It is merely "fake" if there is no intention on allowing the guy to do the job.

It sure seems that way. Who wants to take a job when down the road they'll be fired and blamed for failure because their hands were tied?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It sure seems that way. Who wants to take a job when down the road they'll be fired and blamed for failure because their hands were tied?

We could say the same for Trump had he not signed amnesty legislation.  Had he not shut down the government just to reopen it with nothing.  When he signed legislation giving states and local governments authority to opt out of wall he took on responsibility.  When he signed to allow illegal immigrants to sponsor children which are a good portion of the time brought in by Drug Cartel he exposed himself.  He has to own his own ineffective policies. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump has stumbled on his hallmark issue.  Congress remains dead from the neck up, and Trump's hands are tied with no funds. 

I know many that voted for Trump that are saying they are not voting in 2020.  They feel he has failed miserably to deliver on key promises.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump has stumbled on his hallmark issue.  Congress remains dead from the neck up, and Trump's hands are tied with no funds. 

I know many that voted for Trump that are saying they are not voting in 2020.  They feel he has failed miserably to deliver on key promises.

That is truth for sure.  I think he is banking that people are still going to vote the lesser evil.  We don't want Democrats to take control do we?  I watch FOX sometimes.   The driving point lately is what Democrats will do if they gain control.  Not what Trump will do if he retains control.  How could they report that he has done something he hasn't?  He was an advocate for African Americans but all of the same sanctuary city policies that steal African American jobs are still in effect.  Planned Parenthood more funded than ever.  Genocide of the African American community. 

He advocated for American Workers.  Large companies like Chevrolet are still moving out of country.  Jobs still being lost.  Jared Kushner advocating for more HB Visa's on top of all the illegal immigrants that are already here.  And still measures that have not proven effective.  Getting ready to sign MCUS trade deal.  More immigration. 

Drug Cartels still running our major cities and the criminal operation called US Mexican Border.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/11/26/gm-lay-off-percent-salaried-workers-halt-production-five-plants-us-canada/?utm_term=.038f2669087c
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:37:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

Regardless of what this Congress has done, the sad fact still remains that he should have made 'his' push and pitch for the wall, no amnesty and deportation when he had a full majority.  He FAILED to do so.

There is no going back on this issue, no second chances.  Millions of illegals are still coming in, in addition to the 20,000,000+ that  are already here and there is NOTHING that is being done to discourage them from continuing to come.

Trump is now playing 'footsie' with Mexico, threatening tariffs which he again is putting off in hopes that they will help out or at least he will have someone else to blame but himself.  His latest lame attempt is nothing more than a deception tactic to appease his staunch supporters.  Perhaps at this point, he has no intention of even running again. Who knows with Trump.

Ironically, the  DEMS could play on his failure to secure the border now to their full advantage.  Start their own pitch for securing the border and halt those coming in; resolving the border crisis.  They could easily then take credit for resolving the one issue that Trump has BIGLY failed on.  I realize that's not going to happen as neither side is interested in retaining the sovereignty of this country and both want open borders and amnesty, but it would be a win-win for the DEMS even if they were to reverse course down the road after the 2020 election.

Offline Absalom

------------------
On the mark!
For Trump, action is a distraction requiring focus, so yip-yap
will always be his choice, as he uses it to disguise miserable failure.
Wonder when his fan club will get real???

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:55:45 am by Absalom »

Offline Chosen Daughter

------------------
On the mark!
For Trump, action is a distraction requiring focus, so yip-yap
will always be his choice, as he uses it to disguise miserable failure.
Wonder when his fan club will get real???

Tom Homan talks about smugglers and sanctuary cities:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/nominated-ice-director-thomas-homan-talks-about-smugglers-sanctuary-cities_2361697.html

Its easy to see why he would decline the job.

Offline corbe

Shirley, since the GOP believed for 10 years that obummercare would be ripped out 'Root and branch', at their first opportunity, they can give the President another 4 years to make Mexico pay for a Wall.
   Oh yea of little Faith.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Shirley, since the GOP believed for 10 years that obummercare would be ripped out 'Root and branch', at their first opportunity, they can give the President another 4 years to make Mexico pay for a Wall.
   Oh yea of little Faith.

@corbe I know you're being sarcastic, but at the current rate this country doesn't have another 4 years.

Offline corbe

This is the third person who has turned down this 'kabuki' position, Ken Cuccinelli and Kris Kobach being the first two.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.