Author Topic: Victor Davis Hanson on The Case for Trump  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Victor Davis Hanson on The Case for Trump
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:28 pm »
June 16, 2019
By Terry Scambray

The Case for Trump, Victor Davis Hanson. Basic Books, 2019. 372 pp.

As the title suggests, The Case for Trump, balances a clinical approach to our currently incendiary politics alongside a brief for Donald Trump’s presidency.   Of course, the success or failure of this attempt is a subjective matter though it seems to me that any reader of this book of whatever political stripe would concede that, for its length, it is thorough if not encyclopedic in its presentation of facts and its historical depth. 

All of which is not surprising in that Victor Davis Hanson, occupies a unique position among the commentariat: he is a classical scholar, professor, historian, novelist, political, cultural commentator and farmer in California’s central valley while maintaining a residence in Palo Alto where he is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution on the Stanford campus.   He is also a visiting professor at Hillsdale College in Michigan while spending appreciable time overseas.

One can see that his distinctly varied experiences are part of why he remains an engaging thinker and which makes all of the 372 pages of this book fly by.   In a word, the book is a deliciously informative and an eminently readable take on the Trump ship of state as it tries to navigate around the depth charges laid by the treacherous deep state armada and a giddy and obtuse paparazzi.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/victor_davis_hanson_on_emthe_case_for_trumpem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Victor Davis Hanson on The Case for Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 01:41:37 pm »
June 16, 2019
By Terry Scambray

The Case for Trump, Victor Davis Hanson. Basic Books, 2019. 372 pp.

Its now mid 2019 and no credible GOP alternative is stepping up to challenge Trump.  Looks like I will be holding my nose and pulling the lever for this POS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.