Author Topic: Trump accuses NYT of 'virtual act of treason' for report on US cyberattacks against Russia  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump accuses NYT of 'virtual act of treason' for report on US cyberattacks against Russia
by Daniel Chaitin
 | June 15, 2019 09:28 PM
 | Updated Jun 15, 2019, 11:11 PM

President Trump accused the New York Times of committing a "virtual act of treason" in response to a report that said the U.S. is ramping up attacks on Russian power grid.

In a pair of tweets Saturday evening, the president called the venerable news outlet "THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" in all capital letters.

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump
     Â· 12h

Do you believe that the Failing New York Times just did a story stating that the United States is substantially increasing Cyber Attacks on Russia. This is a virtual act of Treason by a once great paper so desperate for a story, any story, even if bad for our Country.....

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump

.....ALSO, NOT TRUE! Anything goes with our Corrupt News Media today. They will do, or say, whatever it takes, with not even the slightest thought of consequence! These are true cowards and without doubt, THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!
    8:15 PM - Jun 15, 2019

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-accuses-new-york-times-of-treason-for-report-on-us-cyberattacks-against-russia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's got a point here.  This is exposing a still-active covert operation.

Bill Cipher

Depends on how they got the information.

Offline libertybele

Agreed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
If you want to read the original NYT article, @TomSea has posted a thread here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,365352.0.html

Offline aligncare

Depends on how they got the information.

What difference should that make? To whom does the New York Times owe it’s first amendment rights? America.

Forgive this old American but it’s simple to me, I pledge my allegiance to America. I wouldn’t ever think to betray her in any way. That’s my truth.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Treason is a serious offense and the word should not be used so cavalierly, even when it is prefaced with ‘virtual.’ Even the Rosenbergs were only charged with espionage. What they did was treason.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:20:37 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Bill Cipher

Treason is a serious offense and the word should not be used so cavalierly, even when it is prefaced with ‘virtual.’ Even the Rosenbergs were only charged with espionage. What they did was treason.

Exactly