Author Topic: ‘Completely Erroneous’: New York Times Busted for Fake News Story on Harriet Tubman $20 Bill  (Read 163 times)

rangerrebew

‘Completely Erroneous’: New York Times Busted for Fake News Story on Harriet Tubman $20 Bill

HANNAH BLEAU15 Jun 2019

The U.S. Treasury is denying a piece from the New York Times which accused the Trump administration of delaying the release of the $20 Harriet Tubman bill and doing so for political reasons.

The New York Times ran a piece Friday, wrought with speculation on Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s rationale for “delaying” the release of Harriet Tubman’s $20 bill.

Former Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew set the process in motion in 2016. Proponents of the bill change hoped that it would be completed by 2020, in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment. However, during an appearance before the House Financial Services Committee in May, Mnuchin noted that a 2020 rollout was improbable– if not impossible– due to daunting technical issues. Mnuchin indicated that the redesigned bill would make an emergence in 2028 with designs coming out two years prior.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/06/15/completely-erroneous-new-york-times-busted-for-fake-news-story-on-harriet-tubman-20-bill/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Conservatives need to make a statement by making sure to tell banks and any other financial transaction 2 Hamiltons wll do instead. (en mass)

Tear down my ancestors statues????  Let 'em pile up at the mint.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.